Indications of valve stem oil seals gone

If i hit boost then let the engine run down, soon as i touch the throttle again it plumes blue smoke out the exhaust.

Has randomly blue smoked since ive had it (like twice the whole of the last year) ive driven it daily this week and now its almost everytime.

Im guessing its the stem seals, its running a race spec rocker if that makes any difference

What you guys reckon?

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Just gonna bump this up, turbos been rebuilt and hybrid-ised by Liam at midland turbo, it still smokes, gahhhh!

There is a small amount of oil the intercooler pipe but not enough to cause the smoking I'm having

So could it be stem seals or rings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just gonna bump this up, turbos been rebuilt and hybrid-ised by Liam at midland turbo, it still smokes, gahhhh!

There is a small amount of oil the intercooler pipe but not enough to cause the smoking I'm having

So could it be stem seals or rings?

if its rings youll be down on compression

I'm not that clued up with engine work unfortunately, I can do a headgasket and change valves but I've never changed stem seals.

But it needs a cambelt soon anyway so looks like I will be refreshing the lot, better start saving lol.

Could it be anything else other than the stem seals?

My oil return is a bit smaller than the standard hose, but only by a few mm's

take the manifold off, look into the head and see if you can spot oil from the stem. ive had this problem aswell.

you can indeed swap the seals without popping the head but imho it is best to lift the head and clean the cylinders. mine had a lot of burnt oil flakes on the cylinders which can cause detonation. so for piece of mind i would take it apart and clean it up. also gives you the chance to check/clean the head