Hi as title says I'm gathering bits just now to put a 4e in my 205 rallye so far I have

Donor engine

Box from my g/f first gt

Inner cv joints

This will be a slow project as still got to finish my fd

Anyway here is some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Donor engine but unsure if I will rebuild or buy another as it was knocking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sweet going to be a nippy 205 thye have great handling  ( gti anyways )      

It has a gti set-up already for suspension my previous gti had a 2.1 turbo with 300hp and 311lbft at pretty low boost

Only looking for 200 odd hp should be ample for a fun toy will save my g/f tracking her ep82

a 205 awesome. years ago a mate had a 1.4 xs with a gti rear beam . the head gasket went so he took it to get skimmed and he said to the engineer "just take as much off as possible". and he did, right past the casting marks. anyway he built it back up and fitted an su carb on it from a mini he had and ran it on 97 octane and it was a flying machine.

I remember one day we were flying round this back road with 3 of us in and we took this bridge at daft speeds and a corner right after, the back end came out round the bend and i shit my pants! but he kept his foot in and it just went round sideways and kept going hahahaha.

Edited by Bean
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought a drivers side 4e starlet Mount as the 205 is pretty similar so will get it mounted then do the box once it's fitted

The brown on the engine bay is grease as the bay was painted before I put it off the road 6 years ago I will respray it again once the engine is mounted

I said it was going to be a slow project but now that I have started I'm finding it hard to not look for bits but I need to focus on the fd so I can enjoy it

Bits laying around tbh my g/f has the gt in the first pics so had a spare box from her first gt plus the 4e is similar in size to a 8v tu engine plus it's totally different