Im looking at buying this glanza but...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/toyota-glanza-v-5e-td04l-/1182096183

He mentioned it has a different engine and is also having valve bounce. Im a bit uncertain about booking a test drive as I want to know if it is worth getting it if I have to declare a new engine in it, plus all the mods and I don't know if I will be able to afford the insurance. would you guys suggest me just waiting for a different one to come along and not risk going for this one. All input is helpful thanks josh

Edited by wakeabby14

They might not think its a good thing. It might just be the way its coming across.

Best to call and see how the problem is portrayed over the phone.

Just had it mapped at Tuning developments and it made 173 at JUST 6PSI! Also getting valve bounce!

I have to agree with Ollie on this one seems like he thinks its a good thing.

Just needs to say 1.3 on the log book and this one is a ding ding WINNER!!

Weird one valve bounce and only made 173hp on an td04 setup

Why? Do you think a car with valve bounce should make more? Its a problem, obviously its going to be down on power.

173 at 6psi i wouldn't say its underpowered. Maybe hes saying it still made 173bhp with the valve bounce issue.

I never actually noticed boost pressure I was more replying to the comment as he also seemed to be under the impression valve bounce is a good thing.

I dont see any problem with this. the power is fantastic, valve float can be rectified by swapping on a 4efte head. yes, annoying, but factor that cost into what your willing to pay.

You will have to keep in mind that this is, im guessing from the valve float issue and the power output at low boost, a high compression engine.
Basically just swapped a 5efe in place of a 4efte and got it mapped.

I have no problem with this, i only use 4efe myself as they are fun and cheap but i wouldnt expect to be making any more than 200bhp on it. id say id could take another few psi but that depends on who maps it. If it goes wrong a 5e is much more difficult to get bits for unless you go forged and if you damage the crank its game over. they are too rare to bother looking for unless again, your going forged.. then its worth it.