WMS brake options

I'm running WMS brake kit, does any body know what the discs are off and can you get the two piece discs for them (bells and rotas)?

Also what pads are available for them, are they the same as the Wilwood dynalite calipers?

Cheers

For 55mm hub cars, you can buy Yaris discs, I have a set of these, J hook type.

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/toyota/yaris-06-12/yaris-1-33-vvt-i-01-09-03-12/front-brake-discs/mtec1610.html

sSLSIYkl.jpg

My setup is the 275x22 kit

As for pads, you're looking for pads that fit a Wilwood Dynalite caliper, for example, the part number for EBC Yellows is DP4001R: http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/wilwood--dynalite-cotter-pin-use-7112-ebc-yellowstuff-brake-pads-dp4001r_p1157346.htm

I use Ferodo DS1.11 pads in my calipers, I buy them from Circuit Supplies, I can't remember the exact code for the pads, I do have a box at my unit though will try and remember to make a note of the part number next time I'm there.

I'm pretty certain it's this one: http://ecat.ferodoracing.com/car-racing/brake-pads/FRP502

Looks like you can get DS2500 and DS3000 as well.

When I got my kit I was very keen to be able to buy parts for it away from WMS, just in case they disappeared, I'm glad I did.

Edited by TimD

Snowed under in a big way, sorry - there are no kits on the shelf due to a lack of calipers (this has been the issue for a long time now) but more are finally due to arrive soon (in an upgraded but compatible form....). My apologies to anyone who is due a reply, I'll be working my way through them as soon as I can.

Alloy bells and rotors are all drawn up and will be prototyped once I have the new version of the calipers in my hand and I things are rolling properly again!

We stock the discs for all three kits still and normally keep DS2500's on the shelf as they are the most popular and probably the best bang for your buck at the moment.

I take it WMS are just not replying at all now. What the hell is going on with them

lol mate i used to get a PM reply about once every 10 days from WMS when i enquired about a kit ages ago. getting a few answers about the kits would take approx a month haha

5+ years on and its still the same? quite amusing really. why dont you just get someone to look after emails and check the forums its not difficult lol

really frustrating for customers especially considering the brakes are quite good.

lol mate i used to get a PM reply about once every 10 days from WMS when i enquired about a kit ages ago. getting a few answers about the kits would take approx a month haha

5+ years on and its still the same? quite amusing really. why dont you just get someone to look after emails and check the forums its not difficult lol

really frustrating for customers especially considering the brakes are quite good.

Basically the main supplier NEARLY took us out of business over a process of several years - I was stuck between an ever increasing list of people waiting for kits and a increasingly unreliable primary supplier. The faster I reply to people explaining the problem the faster they reply - I hit 14h days at points trying to keep up while selling nothing through no fault of my own.

All I can do is my best while trying to run what became a struggling business and came close to bankrupting me, but I'm glad you're amused. :(

TimD do me a favour and do one with your gay sarcasm. wms brakes are on tonnes of cars i didnt for one minute think keri wouldnt be able to hire someone fpr an hour or 2 per day to run the online side of things. I thought wms was a very large succesful business as ive seen many things about wms brakes all over the place. I merely commented on the fact that the products are good but the wait time for customers to get pm replys is bad. But i officially retract my statement if things are that difficult. I didnt realise that. And keri i was amused by the way pms were still very slow but i certainly am not amused by a struggling business and hope things improve because as i said the brakes are good.

Edited by richglanzav

The brakes are the best you can get for the money that's for sure and in many cases better than more expensive kits. I guess that's the problem when the product is so good the supply can't meet the demand especially if you're dealing with a crap supplier. Good to hear you're getting back on track.

I bought my kit from keri a few years back luckily when they were in stock and recently last month ordered discs and pads which came the next week so cannot fault Keri's service at all personally and the fantastic kit to go with it!

Edited by Ryan5793

They are the best in my opinion. My Levins are good but I'm sure they'd fade if used on track. Plus the saving on I sprung weight compared to the Levins is a bonus too.

Edited by Pikey009

Snowed under in a big way, sorry - there are no kits on the shelf due to a lack of calipers (this has been the issue for a long time now) but more are finally due to arrive soon (in an upgraded but compatible form....). My apologies to anyone who is due a reply, I'll be working my way through them as soon as I can.

Alloy bells and rotors are all drawn up and will be prototyped once I have the new version of the calipers in my hand and I things are rolling properly again!

We stock the discs for all three kits still and normally keep DS2500's on the shelf as they are the most popular and probably the best bang for your buck at the moment.

Thanks for the update Keri, this thread wasnt intended as dig at WMS more just looking at my options. Really interested in bells/Rotors for my current kit if they are compatible?

What list of pads do you stock or recommend besides EBC ?

For 55mm hub cars, you can buy Yaris discs, I have a set of these, J hook type.

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/toyota/yaris-06-12/yaris-1-33-vvt-i-01-09-03-12/front-brake-discs/mtec1610.html

sSLSIYkl.jpg

As for pads, you're looking for pads that fit a Wilwood Dynalite caliper, for example, the part number for EBC Yellows is DP4001R: http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/wilwood--dynalite-cotter-pin-use-7112-ebc-yellowstuff-brake-pads-dp4001r_p1157346.htm

I use Ferodo DS1.11 pads in my calipers, I buy them from Circuit Supplies, I can't remember the exact code for the pads, I do have a box at my unit though will try and remember to make a note of the part number next time I'm there.

I'm pretty certain it's this one: http://ecat.ferodoracing.com/car-racing/brake-pads/FRP502

Looks like you can get DS2500 and DS3000 as well.

When I got my kit I was very keen to be able to buy parts for it away from WMS, just in case they disappeared, I'm glad I did.

Spot on info mate cheers!!

Cheers Ryan & Jase (also, noted Stan! :D ).

Peter, there should be alloy bells and rotors compatible with both the 275x22 and 277x25 kits as they are the most popular. The 296x26 kit might get them too, but later.

Other than EBC...........well to be honest we only really get demand for Ferodo DS2500 these days, so those are what we supply and I'm pretty sure there are some on the shelf at the moment. I can't remember the last time I sold EBC pads for a WMS kit on a starlet!!

Cheers Ryan & Jase (also, noted Stan! :D ).

Peter, there should be alloy bells and rotors compatible with both the 275x22 and 277x25 kits as they are the most popular. The 296x26 kit might get them too, but later.

Other than EBC...........well to be honest we only really get demand for Ferodo DS2500 these days, so those are what we supply and I'm pretty sure there are some on the shelf at the moment. I can't remember the last time I sold EBC pads for a WMS kit on a starlet!!

I Think i have the 277x25 kit but I will measure the caliper when I get the car back. The reason for this thread is I know i will need disc / pads soon. Just trying to see whats available.

If you can get an idea of production dates and cost that would be great :)

Peter

Edited by Broony

For 55mm hub cars, you can buy Yaris discs, I have a set of these, J hook type.http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/toyota/yaris-06-12/yaris-1-33-vvt-i-01-09-03-12/front-brake-discs/mtec1610.htmlsSLSIYkl.jpgMy setup is the 275x22 kitAs for pads, you're looking for pads that fit a Wilwood Dynalite caliper, for example, the part number for EBC Yellows is DP4001R: http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/wilwood--dynalite-cotter-pin-use-7112-ebc-yellowstuff-brake-pads-dp4001r_p1157346.htmI use Ferodo DS1.11 pads in my calipers, I buy them from Circuit Supplies, I can't remember the exact code for the pads, I do have a box at my unit though will try and remember to make a note of the part number next time I'm there.I'm pretty certain it's this one: http://ecat.ferodoracing.com/car-racing/brake-pads/FRP502Looks like you can get DS2500 and DS3000 as well.When I got my kit I was very keen to be able to buy parts for it away from WMS, just in case they disappeared, I'm glad I did.

First of all, those discs look awesome! Secondly, sorry for asking what might sound like a silly question but if I source a set of discs that are 277x25 then I should have no problem fitting them with my kit is this correct or am I missing somthing? Thanks

First of all, those discs look awesome! Secondly, sorry for asking what might sound like a silly question but if I source a set of discs that are 277x25 then I should have no problem fitting them with my kit is this correct or am I missing somthing? Thanks

You have to take into account disc offset and bolt pattern.

Thanks Adam, how simple is it to work out the disc offset? The reason I ask is because I feel quite limited to where I can buy discs at the moment (only WMS) but if I knew the disc off set etc then I could possibly find more sources! Thanks in advance guys! And sorry to hijack the thread!