sard pnp ecu 1.2 bar ?

Think that they've been known to do 1.2bar in the past certainly in ct9 or hybrid. And with the addition of a adjustable fuel pressure reg some have even successfully ran them using td04s at similar boost.

I'm not a massive pnp fan, but they have been used and definitely give good results when used properly

Phil

thanks for the replies

i think it would be a good experiment

i have 2 5e engines sitting in the yard so i may just give it a try

5e td04 sard ecu 1.2bar ?? sounds like fun

check AFR and Det and probably run a adjustable FPR of course

But yeah happy to hear how you get on

Phil

Edited by Phil

thanks for the replies

i think it would be a good experiment

i have 2 5e engines sitting in the yard so i may just give it a try

5e td04 sard ecu 1.2bar ?? sounds like fun

on a slightly different note, will you be using 5efhe or forged rods?...if 5efhe, then i'd further suggest you not rev over 7200rpm---which many pnp ecus go to around 8000/8500rpm...so you may need to install some kind of shift light or warning system to alert you when you reach close to 7000/7200rpm.... the stock 5efhe rods wont like it very much...and worse case you have 5efe rods, then forget high revs all together

now from running a td04l on a 5e in the past, i can also tell you it wont make much sense running over 16/18psi anyways as the turbo just doesn't want to hold that boost at higher rpm, even with external wastegate and EBC....it tends to taper back down to around 14psi/16psi

as well, high rpms are basically useless/unnecessary on a 5e tdo4 set up, as the turbo spools very early, like 2000/2500rpm and has full boost (14psi to 20psi) around 3000/3500rpm....pulls very well till around 5500rpm then starts to taper off back to 14/16 psi till redline

its a very nice street/daily drive if you are not interested in overall "big" power....its certainly one of my favorite set ups

and do as phil said---get your afr and ESPECIALLY detonation checked, i see you are from the caribbean, so i know we dont have the best pump gas around

Edited by gorganl2000

every one keep mentioning the mines ecu

make me wounder how capable the SARD is

Mines would be the last one I'd choose if you plan to

Push the boundaries with an experimental project

The mines pushes the boundaries with timing etc more than most - it would be my choice for a stock car if you wanted to go the fastest with very few mods.

But a potentially dangerous idea if your car is not stock. And your talking about fuelling an engine swap

SARD would be a great choice if you can find one - they are very sought after and can command easily 500-550 plus postage

Phil