Easy job if the AC is removed, if not.....Good luck. Just be careful with the studs as you do not want to break one off in the head.

AC is removed so that is not an issue! will take it easy with studs if one came off that would be a nightmare!

I stripped mine off bit by bit just for better access. Gave each nut a little warm up so nothing snapped.

what did you warm them with a blow torch? or let it run a little before you took off the mani?

AC is removed so that is not an issue! will take it easy with studs if one came off that would be a nightmare!

what did you warm them with a blow torch? or let it run a little before you took off the mani?

Edited by StanMan

Just used a brazing torch with a narrow tip so the heat was focused

Nice and subtle. Good idea at first; normally that works a treat. I have not long took the CT9 manifold off to have it welded and new gasket (the usual mild steel crack), tried that approach with the good old Snap-On soldering iron attachment, got the map gas on it and it did the trick in half the time due to the heat transfer.

Try with lots of thread penetrating oil first and let it soak in as best you can for 10 min intervals due to the angle of the studs, spray on the top of the threads and give it a turn with a cranked ring spanner (cranked ring and stubby spanners are a must imo so that you don't round off the nut). If that does not work use MAPP gas (2010 °C) but be very careful, it's very, very hot for thermal shock, after using this stuff, propane (1967 °C) is a waste of time. If using anything flammable make sure that there is no petrol fumes or oil on the block to state the obvious lol.

Also when you put it back together use a decent high temp anti-seize on the studs to save yourself a hell of a lot of ballache in the future.

by the way what manifold are you putting on?

Just used a brazing torch with a narrow tip so the heat was focused

Thanks for the input guys great help! will bear it in mind will crack on with it this saturday!

josh

Try with lots of thread penetrating oil first and let it soak in as best you can for 10 min intervals due to the angle of the studs, spray on the top of the threads and give it a turn with a cranked ring spanner (cranked ring and stubby spanners are a must imo so that you don't round off the nut). If that does not work use MAPP gas (2010 °C) but be very careful, it's very, very hot for thermal shock, after using this stuff, propane (1967 °C) is a waste of time. If using anything flammable make sure that there is no petrol fumes or oil on the block to state the obvious lol.

Also when you put it back together use a decent high temp anti-seize on the studs to save yourself a hell of a lot of ballache in the future.

by the way what manifold are you putting on?

its not a decent manifold to say the least, Its just a toyo sports one as it is all i can afford as i have a crack forming in my current manifold and its needs changing before it gets worse, I would love a ramhorn manifold from wepr however no point spending loads as will probably go to a TD04 at the end of this year or next year. Thanks josh

Your probably find that your be changing the manifold again before the end of the year mate with those toyosports ones, I had 2 new ones before and only lasted a couple of months each

wow thats not good i better get saving, I need some more advise on turbo's to be honest as well Im not sure the route to go down and its stressing me out haha!

I'm sure someone on here had a m/s WEPR kit for cheap.

If you could find them and let me know that would be great, i will have a look in the stuff for sale section and have a look