Manifold (is it normal?)

So i have today just changed my stock manifold to a toyo sports manifold, I am still on the stock ct9 turbo however now when the turbo is spooling up above 2k rpm it starts to sound like an aeroplane engine with a very highpitch whistling sound? is this completely normal due to the fact more air is flowing through the turbo now?

Let me know thanks josh

(Just to mention as well i am running BOV delete and a meshed turbo untill i get my FMIC pipe rewelded to change the BOV position as i cannot fit one on at the moment.)

Edited by wakeabby14

Here is a link to the vid of it doing it i put it on facebook as it was easiest for me.

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.wakefield.9/videos/1063756590402732/

naaa

open the bonnet and use the butterfly flap shaft and rev it so we can hear it on standstill

( sorry i must of said to do it standstill not driving we cant hear fuck al really while driving )

I take it you have a front (behind grill) air filter location

No air filter meshed turbo.

Josh

naaa

open the bonnet and use the butterfly flap shaft and rev it so we can hear it on standstill

( sorry i must of said to do it standstill not driving we cant hear fuck al really while driving )

Will do it tomorrow and update it for you sorry haha

When it comes to a ct9 a standard ported manifold is as good and if not better in most cases than an aftermarket item. Toyosport manifolds will only wreck your head. Even when you get them to fit right it will crack in shit after a while. Best advise I can give you is to port the std manifold. Costs nothing only your time.

When it comes to a ct9 a standard ported manifold is as good and if not better in most cases than an aftermarket item. Toyosport manifolds will only wreck your head. Even when you get them to fit right it will crack in shit after a while. Best advise I can give you is to port the std manifold. Costs nothing only your time.

The OEM manifold is the worst that can be fitted, even ported it's still a terrible design! The worst that can happen with a toyosport is it cracking at the collector, hardly gonna trash a head is it???

The OEM manifold is the worst that can be fitted, even ported it's still a terrible design! The worst that can happen with a toyosport is it cracking at the collector, hardly gonna trash a head is it???

Agree with you on that the port sizes are very small on the stock manifold and restricts flow. A Toyosports manifold will flow much better the cracking issue can be sorted with a simple brace welded in place.

Oem manifolds are proven.

I have ran several ported ones past 10 years .

Never an issue and making good power .

Toyosport manifolds are complete rubbish . I don't care how free flowing they are I wouldn't use one as a door stop.

Sorry mate but some of us on minimum wage dont just have £400-500 to spend on a racetech or a wepr manifold and are just doing what they can with the money they have...

You're just right mate, if it does your job that's all you need

Oem manifolds are proven.

I have ran several ported ones past 10 years .

Never an issue and making good power .

Toyosport manifolds are complete rubbish . I don't care how free flowing they are I wouldn't use one as a door stop.

Lol. What a load of bollocks. The only thing the OEM manifold is proven to do is cause more harm than good! Notice how it's usually ring lands on either 2&3 that go? That's more than coincidence.

Local car has 290kms on it. Standard unported manifold running 1bar on a ct9 for a long time at least 8 years. Still has the original engine unopened.

Personally I can't fault them. Imo good ported one is as good as any aftermarket one