My Little Light Blue Solida (SOLD)

Tapping isn't going to be the timing belt? Why would this tap. If it was slack it would fall off.

Could be a noisy engine, it's a lot of miles.

You'd have to get a video up of it so we could hear it.

Valvetrain possibly.

Alright cheers man I was more thinking the timing being out. I'll get a video at some point and send it you if I can get one where you can hear it which I highly doubt. It's more when I accelerate which is hard to video but I'll try. It runs fine anyway

Edited by HarrisonS
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's been a little while and not much has really happened. All just small things. Most of my time has been spent helping to build my mates Citroen AX that so far has only been taken apart but is now ready to be painted and then it can be put back together with the 1.6 8v out of the Saxo VTR

Posted Image

I got some merchandise from the store which I'm very happy with

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also bodge job fixed an exhaust leak

Posted Image

And smoked my rear lights quite a lot. Possibly a little too much but it's fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So had a long gruelling day today trying to replace the standard inlet manifold with the corolla one without removing the fuel rail. Got it done eventually not too bad just a couple of seized bolts and then it was done.

Posted Image

Also got another eBay 'induction kit' since the flexipipe on the blue one ripped. Also the corolla inlet feels like it's made a huge difference it pulls all the way through the gears now instead of dropping off at the top end it's mad. Also in the process I somehow managed to get my temp gauge needle to spin all the way around and get stuck underneath the pin that's supposed to hold it up

Posted Image

Luckily it wasn't too hard to fix though just pulled the plastic cover off and spun it back round. Think the next thing is new tyres and then sorting the paint on my wheels while I wait for my short shifter to arrive.

I haven't got one from before unfortunately but I can get one of it now at somepoint if you'd like

that would be awesome please I drive n/a so I know how slow they are haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

So over the past few weeks not loads has happened. I've got a short shifter installed and it has made a huge difference to the throw and it's much nicer to change gear now. IMG_0752.thumb.JPG.3aacac44ecb28d1d947fd

And I also finally got the thing lowered with some lowering springs until I can afford some decent coilovers. It has improved the look of the car a hell of a lot and it corners much flatter now and feels much nicer to drive and long as there isn't any bumps. IMG_0771.thumb.JPG.ffe84d199405d55555c67

IMG_0770.thumb.JPG.16412a490733277eccc2b

Also stuck some 12mm bonnet raisers on since they were cheap and I was bored. 

Hopefully this month I should have a new steering wheel going on and also some SR clocks going in so I can get rid of my terrible eBay rev gauge. I also stuck some import size plates on after I took the pictures above so I'll get pictures of them up at some point. That's about all for now. 

Where did you get the short shifter kit? Is it worth while doing? I like the ax project I would of went for a vts engine fits in no bother and it would go like hell. I had a 106 xsi a good few years back done engine rebuild high lift cam and a few mods! Went well 

Edited by Allyboy81
17 hours ago, Allyboy81 said:

Where did you get the short shifter kit? Is it worth while doing? I like the ax project I would of went for a vts engine fits in no bother and it would go like hell. I had a 106 xsi a good few years back done engine rebuild high lift cam and a few mods! Went well 

Got the short shifter in a group buy but I can't remember what website it was off of I just remember seeing the post on one of the Facebook pages. Also the plan was to go for the 16v vts engine but they are much more exspensive and you can get a full working saxo vtr for £250. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I’ve not done much recently but I did get some jap sized plates on my car

A41AF2EB-6BB7-4919-9CEA-81DAC1917D8D.thu386F1E5B-C682-4529-BCFD-BB6B4BE4ADB8.thu

also ignore the filth she’s definitely due a good clean both inside and out. 

Other than that I got a new steering wheel put on as the standard one was falling apart and I also got a quick release on there to extend it closer to me because without it it was like reaching into the future to turn31EAFF02-2156-4E4C-BFFD-D30AF725D21C.thu2C016D92-DCC7-49A2-8597-A13A2C16B755.thu

I should also hopefully be installing the SR clocks I have this weekend so I can finally have a rev gauge that works

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So not much has happened over the Christmas period I’ve just been trying to get it ready for it’s mot later this month. Although after browsing Facebook at starlet parts something popped up 20 minutes away that I just couldn’t resist. So hopefully next week these should be getting fitted

19D22797-F010-4873-8567-120F7440C71F.thu

That’s all for now though but there’ll hopefully be more to come once the mot is out of the way. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got round to putting the seats in and I couldn’t be happier. They are so much better than the standard seats and even though there isn’t a lot of padding I still find them plenty comfortable enough. 

64CB78DF-D53D-4C12-A7AA-D80E66C6E9E8.thuD845B417-3EE8-4815-998F-9F4AB340797C.thu

I also stripped the rear of the car out

F1982CA7-ABC5-4E1B-81BC-03F1379E2BF2.thu

The original plan with this car was to go racecar however being only 18 and insurance still being expensive I’ve decided instead to go for a cool daily so the rear of the car will be getting boarded up instead of leaving it how it is and some glanza interior panels will be going in 

Love this build aha, how much is your insurance for it? can't get any quotes less than 1700, and do you ave any pictures of the speedo wiring either before of after the cluster change because I've messed all mine about and now idk which wire goes where