Dean-RW-Developments TD04 Sportif Turbo 5E Beast/piece of crap!!fire starter

ok so i had a another problem yesterday whilst driving to meet some people in town yesterday i discovered all of a sudden i only had 3rd gear ;) this was because during the build part of the gear selector plastic thingy was broke meaning i had no gears so i had to do a tempary bodge, but yesterday night it gave up leaving my gear cable with 1 thread holding it together! luckily rory off here rescued me when he let me use the one off hes new red build :D so last night i was in the bus station car park fixing it till gone 3 in the morning lol. luckily i had pleanty of company :o all fixed now, big thanks to rory/ 180bhp/209lb

neways an update....

on friday had a little parcel arrive

newbrakes005.jpg

newbrakes006.jpg

newbrakes007.jpg

decided to get some 3g 10 groove discs with the mintex racing 1144 pads.

should hopefully be fitting them today im just waiting for the stupid rain to stop

ive also recieved 4 meters of 4mm blue hosing, so gonna add some more piping :p

newbrakes.jpg

i will add pictures when i finally get to fit the stuff ;)

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice ;)

I have those discs but with greenstuff pads, you wont be dissapointed ;)

Did you have to change your hubs at all to EP82 ones?

no after having a long discussion with dave burwash it was decided that after 1997 they put the slightly larger brakes on the starlet na's aparently. they fit fine anyway!

ok yesterday after trying to wait for the stupid rain to stop my mate said i could fit them in his garage so lucky for me got them fitted

heres the pics...

newbrakes016.jpg

decided to paint the caliper black. looks alot better

newbrakes017.jpg

newbrakes015.jpg

newbrakes018.jpg

newbrakes020.jpg

also decided to fit more blue pipeing and turn the bov round.

newbrakes011.jpg

now i had to take these 2 pics my mates kitted wide arch mini and the yello ninja ;)

newbrakes014.jpg

newbrakes013.jpg

hope you all like brakes are just bedding in but already feel better ;)

Saw you last night Dean at the Shell Garage island by my house in Streetly. I was waitin to pull onto the island but I dont think you saw me? Hit my horn at the last minute. Car is looking sexy though mate, makes that other white Glanza around Mere Green look poo :p !

sorry i aint replied lol my computer wont let me scroll down so i couldnt click on this page lol :mellow:

@chris W thats my route home and i vaugley sin you in my rearview. you need to come out sumtime!!!

cheers for all de good comments, theres no update for now apart from the car needs washing because theres like milloions of bugs caked up the front bumper ;)

hehe my cars nearly run in getting close to my 1000 mile so planning on changing the oil either in the week or nxt weekend! cars been running really well!! theres just 1 slight problem ive gave it few small blips now and then but the highest it boosts to is 0.6 bar just wondering why it isnt boosting to 0.8? if any one could give me any ideas it would be much appreacheated! :D

small update

since putting the engine in and putting the bodykit on the exhaust was so close to the rear bumper it didnt stop rattling so yesterday i went and had the back section of exhaust refabricated now it looks mint i decided to have it put up at an angle proppa jap stylee B) will put sum pics up soon

• 4 weeks later...

havent done an update in ages so though its about time i should, a few weeks ago i had the exhaust refabricated because it was rattling so had it re-angled. pictures dont really do it justice...

before

deansexhaust001.jpg

after

holidaycarpics003.jpg

holidaycarpics001.jpg

holidaypics014.jpg

holidaypics015.jpg

holidaycarpics002.jpg

i also decided that the home made air filter addapter was letting the engine bay down with the horribe drain pipe colour, so i decided to spray it metalic black.

deansexhaust007.jpg

deansexhaust003.jpg

i will get some more pics up of all the other small updates soon :ph34r:

another small update after not being able to see my dash clocks due to the bulbs going i decided to upgrade to some super white led bulbs, i had some blue bulbs before but blue is quite dark so couldnt see my mileage and top of the speedo, lol

LED_194_5LED_W_2.jpg

there mint light up everything i also decided to put some in my sidelights and my number plate lights they really set it off,

also before going to spain in the starlet a few weeks ago i needed more room for the luggage so decided to sack the big fli box off for a more suitable and light weight option, it worked well and my spare alloy also fitted snug over the top of the sub

i made a template out of cardboard first then transfered it onto heat treated ply

deansexhaust002.jpg

deansexhaust009.jpg

nicely carpeted but stupid tyre has left a dirty mark on it so needs some apolstry cleaner putting on it.

holidaycarpics004.jpg

holidaycarpics005.jpg

thats it for now should be more updates tmoz hopefully, gotta put my 4efe box on for abit as the bearings have gone in the diff on the 4efte box so gonna get it rebuilt with an lsd ready for some power just need to save for abit :ph34r: