• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did this but they didn't last too long. I wanted to keep the interior, but front seats have to slide and fold forward if you have back seats and these where fixed so I sold them. Kept the harnesses though. I had the seat sitting perfect too, my shoulder was lever with the top of the door and My line of sight was straight over the top of the steering wheel.

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

Since then I've fitted a set of d2 coilovers and put the car pretty much as low as it can go. It's a wee bit silly but looks cool as so it's staying. 

Ive also changed the tyres as the proxies tried to kill me on a few occasions. They where good in the dry though.

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted my glanza boot and live sports spoiler. I love it adds to the aggressiveness of the front bumper. I have removed the number plate surround as there is a pinhole of rust behind it. 

IMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

Edited by Ryan.Truesdale

Boy is it fun getting the number plate surround off!  I wouldn't recommend doing this but since I'm stripping out the car anyway it didn't bother me. The surround is held on with x2 10mm nuts and 5 pop in plastic attachment yolke thingys. (They're hateful) I found them nearly impossible to get to and I didn't want to break them so I lifted the grinder and made them a bit more accessible. LoL Bit of weight reduction too I guess. I also removed all the wiring for the rear wiper and tidied it up a bit. 

IMG_3309.JPG

Got all the na engine wiring out. The bay looks rather naked now. It could do with a bit of a tidy up to be honest I wouldn't recommend spray paint it's just not as durable. 

Also got a chance to look over the wiring I took out of a rotten glanza shell I had. It had been broken but there was still a few bits left. 

Full interior wiring loom but no engine wiring :( 

also discovered a kinked fuel line yet another job to add to the long list developing. 

IMG_3542.JPG

• 1 month later...

Not much progress on the car lately don't a few bits here and there. 

Took the full interior out and donated it to a friend. 

Took the back bumper off for the first time and found a decent sized rust hole in the drivers side. Should be easy fixed so not to bothered. 

Currently trying to organise getting a full msa roll cage welded in! Big plans for this wee car!

IMG_3819.JPG

Purchased a bride zeta 1 for the starlet.

It apparently came out of Diago Saitos jzx he brought over to Ireland for a round of the IDC. Dean Kearney then bought the car off him and sold the seat to his friend who I have purchased it off. All true or not I don't know but it's pretty cool nonetheless. 

702D72F6-AED5-49F2-A340-C7EA6EE2B3BC.jpg

Just catching up on this now buddy, all Toyota fuel filters are a cunt as standard. Mine was twisted to fuck too but fixed now, had to get fitting for bottom of filter then some 8mm fuel hose to connect to the feed line :)

Completely stripped the interior, dash wiring baisically everything, have also taken out the sound deadening (hateful job that takes way too long)

roll cage? Maybe :)  

IMG_3828.thumb.JPG.da52be4b478b6b3b31ae06FE08CCE-7226-42AF-9FEB-D34A27A32CA0.thu

Also went through the turbo engine wiring loom. Loads of silly connectors cut. Why are people so lazy the just cut them :(

• 2 weeks later...