Removing door locks

Right gents, quick question, got the drivers door card mostly off last nite, sliced a hole in the plastic, stuck a torch in to have a butchers hook (a look)....and the barrel appears to be SMOTHERED behind various bolted/screwed on bits of metal that may or may not be related to the outer handle and the catch mechanism.

i understood that u should be able to pop the buggers out pretty easily, i dont want a body shop near my TRD interior panels so i wana pop them out myself, so im just wondering has anyone ever removed an EP91 door lock?

rick did it on his old GT and said they just popped out, but they seem to be pretty well covered in there in an ep91. anyone got any tips??????

Phil.

Right,

You see all the stuff thats bolted to the door near the lock...Well pretty much all of it needs to be unbolted to get to it. I once changed my locks over when one was damaged and i do remember it being a real pain in the ass. There is also a little plate that slides out from the lock aswell. It's holding it on the door from the inside.

Plus you get lots of cuts on your hands. It's brill.

Get a 10mm socket (i think) and let us know in an hour how you get on.

Bourkey

^^^^thats wot im doin mark mate!

My bro out smarted the locks, turns out all u need to do is remove door card, feel around for the metal fork shaped thing holding the barrel in place, yank that off, push the barrel through and then use a screw driver and hammer to argue the split-pin-like thingys holding the barrel to the lockin mechanism stuff...tadaaaaa job jone!

Phil.