ok guys i went and drove a glanza yesterday might have seen it on ebay the metallic blue one!?!?!?!?! but i wasnt actually that impressed with it to be honest it didnt feel as quick as i thought it was gonna be and before you ask it was on high boost!!! when you hit third it picked up ok because it was still restricded in 1st and 2nd but after that not a lot really happened is this what they are all like i have driven a few gts ages ago and they seemed much better through all the gears it kinda put me off them really any ideas it seemed to drive fine and only done 30k!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it makes a big difference changing the pipes over for full boost in 1st & 2nd & glanzas are slightely heavier than a gts but all the same pritty quick for a 1.3 if your after big power as standard get yourself an evo etc

if there was more then one person in this care the performance will decrease..

if you have anyone more than 10stone in these cars you notice it!! it slows it down alot and corners worse.

imagine if run a 400meter race alone, timed it, then done it with a 20kg backpack. thats what its like.

the glanza is heavier than the GTs, so the GTs will probably eat the Glanza for dinner when pulling off. But with a bit of tuning and upgrading on the glanza, it can be a lot of fun. I know what you mean about the restricted boost on 1st and 2nd gear, it's gayness.

I was impressed with the glanza when i got mine hehe.

the gt's are slightly quicker but when both are modded its close.

i noticed that when i had 3 in the car it didnt seem to have the kick.it was weird but starlets dont seem to like weight. the sr was the same.

do the mod that enzo mentioned about removing the boost restriction in 1st and 2nd an its great! and remember its only a 1.3 ;)

Yeah that's Right Eric!! I love it! hehe ;)

Starlets don't have as much torque power, infact, all japanese cars don't have as much torque power as other cars such as VW etc.

So when you have more than more person in the car, the car generally doesn't like to move as quick. I think a full car in mine and my mates corsa 1.2, i think she has more kick than i do.

cheers guys i think i was just expecting more really i m still interseted in getting one going too look at a few more in the week so might find the right one!?!?!?

the gts had the same mods apart from they had a dump valve so shouldnt really make that much difference!!!

no im not interested in it any more i didnt like the colour in the end its ok but has a few marks over it theres a few dents in it a scuff marks and a small rusty spot on the tailgate and inside is a bit tatty got fag burns etc etc and the radio dont work?!?!?!? it was up for 4995 but could get it for less it has a blitz nur spec and hks airfilter and trd suspension which is really low scrapes on the floor when i drove it and there was only me and my bro in it!!!!!!

Shame, I thought the colour wasn't bad, but I'd want to get a carbon bonnet in the future and it wouldn't look as good as a white glanza. Besdies when I get one, I want it to be mint.

So guys, where's a good place to go shopping for one, preferably in the south, if they do p/x, that would help a lot!

cheers,

Jon

thast a shame about the blue glanza... its weird that its going for so little?? a red glanza is gonna be like £6-7k yet the first blue glanza we've ever seen is going for normal glanza money!! ;)

how much did you pay for yours em?

Rich.