Hey people

today i got myself a little gls alfter much nagging and forceful words from my older brother telling me how cool it is to have a starlet...

he drives an SR and is named JAG hmm....

I couldnt find an SR so i settled for this GLS hulk (hulk because its green and im quite into bodybuilding :p )

Right so today i ordered some clear side repeaters and fitted some ice blue sidelight bulbs.

i get paid in a week or so then im after wheels and springs but im prety new to all this car stuff so i have no idea what brands are good in the wheel department so if anyone could give me the "lowdown" that would be much appriciated as i dont want to end up buying everything from halfrauds as you all seem to call it ha.

also with the springs, if i just got SR springs would i need shocks? (do the SRs have diffrent shocks?) if i got a diffrent brand which ive seen on the net for about 100 such as like "spax" for example have no idea if there any good, but i take it i would need diffrent shocks with them???

any help would be much wickid thanks :)

and so hes the "import pictures.." oh i mean garage pictures from where i got it :p

starlet1.jpg

starlet2.jpg

starlet3.jpg

Welcome to the club :p

Looks like a nice lil' car you've got yourself there.

Quite like the GLS's with the chrome details on the gauges and the door handles etc

As far as i know if you got SR springs (lower by 25mm I think) you can keep the standard shocks

Shall look forward to meeting you at the 'Medstone' meet next month :)

dude!!! that is freakin SWEET!!!!

look how SMART that GLS is!!! i see chrome spars in the grill, rear window surroud, handles and lower sills, i see the centre consol and speedo surround, i see a different interior trim on the seats and the door cards, AND i see a rhiostat!!! NICE!!! and no bump strips!!!

thats freakin sweet man! great find!!! i have saved the pics for my starlet encyclopedia so i have a spec reference for the GLS!

welcome to UKSC!

Phil.

Cheers for the feedback dudes, much appreciated :angry:

Welcome to the club :)

Looks like a nice lil' car you've got yourself there.

Quite like the GLS's with the chrome details on the gauges and the door handles etc

As far as i know if you got SR springs (lower by 25mm I think) you can keep the standard shocks

Shall look forward to meeting you at the 'Medstone' meet next month ;)

Mikey, so you recon id get away with having the springs without changing the shocks eyyy?

ahh nice one, cheers mate and yes see you at this meet!

@tahiti, cheers thats prety much what i was trying to find out :p

Glad to see you on here Danny boi, with a decent car mate. That's a nice base to build on, see you at the meet fella. :p

Joe

heard about your turbo... hmmm i think someone was driving abit to hard again!

get well soon mr turbo. :p