awesome mate... :p nice to see a pic...

You told me about this on mkiv :)

And i really didnt know you were that young aswell...good on ya!

Hi Chap!

Thanks for the comments. Hope to get some better pics done soon.

Be interesting to see how she compares to the Supra , that was abit of an animal also.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was finally time for an update seeing as progress is starting to begin again. The car has been parked in the workshop since march of this year.

Firstly this is why it has been parked up for so long.

rod1.jpg

piston1.jpg

More: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Gordr/Glana%20Engine/

It occured whilst running the engine in,which was rebuilt Japan before it left the country. The car was limited to 4500rpm at the time so still to this day its a mystery as to why it let go in such a big way, either a huge overboost or hydraulic'd on its fuel. As there was a huge cloud of smoke out of the back of the car just as it let go.

Turns out it was running Suzuki Swift Forged pistons and standard 5E rods, with a 5E Block. (Not best pleased)

- So where are we at now?

Well I have recently bought myself a standard 4E engine (going back to 4E to meet class regs) , which obviously I will be forging. For the 2009 season I will be running 74.5mm Wiseco pistons and Scat Rods. Using my current head which has been ported and running 5E Cams.

I have also managed to source an interior for the car which I have managed to re-fit around the cage, again this is to meet class regs. I also have two brand new FIA Spec Sabelt Bucket Seats to go in the front with lightweight alloy mounts.

sabelttitan_large.jpg

Another job is to sort the cage, im adding a rear harness bar, rear cross section and door bars for that added bit of safety.

Arch extensions have also arrived to they need fitting and painted along with the standard rear spoiler I've finally sourced (thanks Idrees)

The list is endless, but they are the jobs ill be doing in the next month or so. I will carry on updating the thread with progress pics, hopefully by March everything will be done for the 2009 seasons as thats my first event.

---

- Future Plans

2010 will see more major changes for the car as I will be switching classes so what im allowed to do the car will alter.

- Lightweight FRP, Doors, Wings, Bonnet, Tailgate

- Lexan Rear Screen, door windows and rear quarter windows

- Fully Stripped interior

- Slicks

- Custom Loom

- New FIA spec weld in cage

- MSA Log Book

- + Much more!

Target weight is mid/low 800's

Another change will be to the engine, I will be building another 4E engine for 2010, but this time in my opionion to a much greater spec, including extensive head work etc. Allowing me to break well into the 300's

BASIC SPEC OVERVIEW:

ENGINE:

- Fully forged engine (Currently being built)

- Head work (Porting + Uprated Cams etc)

- Uprated fueling/injectors

- Blitz K26 turbo setup

- Apexi Power FC

- Large FMIC

- Uprated Radiator inc waterspray

- Oil cooler

- Uprated Oil pump

- Plate Clutch/ Lightweight flywheel

- Remote Oil Filter

DRIVETRAIN/CHASSIS:

- TRD Fully Adjustable suspension

- Adjustable Top Mounts

- Uprated Brake Kit

- Roll Cage

- TRD Front Stabilizer bar

- Rose Jointed Arms

- Uprated Roll bar

- Reinforced rear beam

- Adjustable Rose jointed PanHard Rod

- TRD Plate Diff

- Front / Rear Strut Brace

- Quick Shift

INTERIOR:

- Apexi Power FC Commander

- 4x Gauges

- Sabelt Racing Seats (FIA SPEC)

- Sabelt Racing Harnesses

- Sabelt Racing Steering Wheel

- Switch Panel

- Electric Fans

EXTERIOR:

- Cruise FRP Front Bumper

- Wheel Arch Extensions

This car is gonna be immense!!

Shame about the engine letting go like that, you contacted the seller?

Did not come with a spoiler? (I did watch the videos of it running on youtube but cant remember)

Looking forward to more progress

sound, what motorsport are you doing this year and is there a copy of the regs,

im solely tracking my red v next year too so im very interested in what your doing + you stay not too far

i just need a cage then im ready to go,

could you pm me and let me know

also we are having our first club track day at the start of april at kames, will your car be ready for that?

also what arch extensions did you buy as i need a set as i want to run 8" wide rims with 25 mil spacers, hopefully you can help :D

- The waterspray is too keep intake temps down. It sprays onto the intercooler.

Enzo.

I will be doing Hillclimb/Sprinting. So yes, will join you at Kames in April depending on the date. I have Harewood on the 29th March and 12th April.

They are actually Golf GTi Extensions. Im yet to know if they will work/look ok. Will let you know if they dom they are very cost effective! I too am running 16x8 wheels with spacers.

If you drop me a pm ill give you a call when your free and we can have a better chat about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Mate I needs to see the interior!!

Just bought three defi gauges and going to mount them on top of the dash, just need to see what it looks like and hwere you got the wires running to!!

Cheers mate

I just ordered a Carbon sheet for the double DIN surround and was going to mount the gauges in there and the controller below but now seeing them on the dash I may have changed my mind :rolleyes: