Hard times are upon us with this virus so I decided to start a build thread for my new build!

Some may already know me from my previous build, the green EP91 Glanza conversion from France, well, after all these years, I needed to start over, so I set my course to a boxy Starlet. 

Plan is to swap every little bit from my green one, who already has most of the blood, sweat and tears thrown into it (and money). This build will be better than the first one since I've learned a thing or two with the previous one hahah

The first challenge was finding the perfect base for my build, which is difficult in France since this model wasn't sold here at that time as better options were available and made here directly... (Thank you Japan for sending basic crap to us europeans!) 

Anyway, I found my pearl in my home country, Portugal, we love these there but again, only the basic 1.0 were sold to the public, the 1.3's were only for racing and about 50 of those made their way there, not many roam around today... Got on a plane and went to get my precious with my mate!

EhCHLwI.jpg

6PMYetJ.jpg

While I was there I filled the boot of the car with parts I would not be able to find here or anywhere else since Toyota discontinued most of the bits for these nuggets...

ZG8nryj.jpg

So, cool, I bought it! But Paris is 1500km away now and this thing won't fit in a plane.. 

ROADTRIP TIME BABYYYY! 

First, I had to upgrade the sound system!

v9QGMYl.jpg

And with that out of the way, it was time to go, the trip took me a whopping 17 hours on the road in total, with one stop to sleep along the way! Here's some pics for you lot!

0eBhXHd.jpg

8Yyfzy5.jpg

g8xOpt6.jpg

The scariest bit in this light car...

Z0UUytJ.jpg

But we eventually made it! We've been through rain, snow, steep mountain roads, this thing never missed a beat with all it's 54 horses pushing me back to France! 4 speed gearbox made the experience 10x better too!

tzgBzrb.jpg

And got the two together! (not for long hahah) 

hn6ObYi.jpg

The most important pic of them all!

1AN0Q24.jpg

That's it for the introduction, hope you guys are as pumped as I am! Next we'll start the mods! Got loads of pics of stuff that I already did to it so keep your eyeballs peeled! 

More pics on Instagram! @jpfcampos1995

Edited by EP70-PT

Following this on instagram, your Glanza looked really good I did see it at one of the shows last year, Japfest Silverstone I think it might have been, be interesting to see how this one turns out, any plans for EP71 turbo bodykit or going for a sleeper this time around?

Edited by ste91
1 minute ago, ste91 said:

Following this on instagram, your Glanza looked really good I did see it at one of the shows last year, Japfest Silverstone I think it might have been, be interesting to see how this one turns out, any plans for EP71 turbo bodykit or going for a sleeper this time around?

Cheers mate! Yeah Only show I've been to in the UK with my old one, this one will be there too hopefully!

Well, atm I've got the optional SI lip, and other OEM bits to freshen it up, no Turbo bodykit planned atm, too expensive for what is is tbh...

33 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

I'm all over this, do you have a previous build thread on the ep91, and I was wondering about its spec\build thread?. 

Following this. 

Haven't updated the old thread in a while, if you see it on instagram it went a long way haha fiske carbon bits, blitz k1, jam ecu :)

Edited by EP70-PT
6 minutes ago, EP70-PT said:

Haven't updated the old thread in a while, if you see it on instagram it went a long way haha fiske carbon bits, blitz k1, jam ecu :)

I've not got instergram sorry. I'm restricted with my employer as to what social media platforms I can use. 

Message me your spec list and any graphs you have please, I've found the ep91 build very impressed. Are you keeping the ep91. 

Edited by Sam44