Hi, welcome to the 98 1A0 SR. Not sure how many SR's left? Not many I guess...

Family owned since 2004 ish with 173k on the clock. I had this for a few years before my own family grew. Sis has had it for a few years and used it at the wacky races! Had most of the dents knocked out now but not perfect. Done up the bum by a taxi, buckled a few rims, that sort of thing!

She is standard bar new springs, got some vogtland 30mm from demon tweeks for £80. Replaced as fronts had been replaced with standard springs 🙄 and rears had had there day. IS200 steering wheel £10 from breakers, bit shabby but doesn't crumble. New fuel tank from Germany £225 fleabay.

Swapped the door locks. 6 speedline rims that need referb. Got some part worn 185/55/15 all round as all tyres were shot, £100 all round, couple of conti, avon and a maxxis. Will get some pilot sport or something after wheels referbed. New wiper blades, wiper arms resprayed and underside sprayed with some stone chip.

Had major service and fuel tank fitted just as lockdown started, then found out engine and gearbox were shot.

Donor car is my mums 98 solida 5dr. Keeping alot of bits for spares, some stuff has been swaped already. Now in bits and whats left is going to be reborn, maybe a washing machine...lol

Enough waffle so pics 😉

20200802_095426.jpg

20200802_131447.jpg

20200802_104209.jpg

20200802_140722.jpg

20200802_140749.jpg

20200802_140736.jpg

20200802_140850.jpg

20200802_140834.jpg

20200802_141159.jpg

Edited by Starletson
Editing
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Engine swap complete, standard 4efe

Couldn't swap ignition because we were missing some black box located behind the glove box 🙄

Got a quote for alloy referb @ £78 a corner, not sure whether to do it myself or sell these speedlines and buy a new set of alloys. Had these in mind

Screenshot_20200811-155832_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, Keviano27 said:

Looking good mate! 👍🏻

Need some bits for a 5dr if they are going spare let me know

Would love some more info on the engine swap would help alot of people out! 

Only took what would fit the 3dr, sorry. Didnt have storage for the rest. Had to get my machanic to do the swap as i have no tools, ramp 

16 minutes ago, burty said:

gotta keep the speedlines mate 

Yer, i know. Just bloody expensive lol

3 minutes ago, Keviano27 said:

Am going to be doing one in the next few months just thought I'd ask for a few tips etc but the bloke I'm doing it with has a wealth of knowledge on them so 😂

If you want to watch some vidz on youtube there is a guy called Peter Anderson, hes an ozzy. Got a full vid set on starlets. I found it a great help as im so noob 🤪

3 minutes ago, Starletson said:

If you want to watch some vidz on youtube there is a guy called Peter Anderson, hes an ozzy. Got a full vid set on starlets. I found it a great help as im so noob 🤪

Cool I'll check him out. Thanks dude! 

Watched a few vidz and have cleaned the throttle housing and idle still high 1500 when warm, but 1000 when cold 🤨. Swapped the vacuum pipes round at the back, no change. Couldnt get the pipes off the underside for fear of destroying them, tried to unscrew the 2 screws holding the electro magnet on but were stuck tight so unable to remove idle valve to clean it properly. Just sprayed it down the hole a couple of times. Guess its completely gummed up and stuck open 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, burty said:

I bought one of those blanking plates yesterday! 

Could of had mine lol. Just thought it was wasted space, only thing lacking in the starlet is storage space. Just had a look for a glanza arm rest, not sure if they have storage space in them. Couldn't find one though. Nice work finding the cup holders 😎 you after a parcel shelf?

Trying to work out if I can get some bigger speakers in the front as 10cm are poo! Had a Vibe set up in a long time ago. Twin 12 black air cbr box, 3200w, 1300w amp and some amped up 500w slick 6x9. Sold it all which I regret now 🙄

Bought the same subs with built in amp from a mate at work but they cut out last summer and now no amps will work. Not sure why but after a few attempts to sort them out I gave up and shoved it all in the shed lol

15981087887851749005211639041327.jpg

Ive been on the hunt for ages the space did my head in 😂 I'm trying to get the clips for the shelf as I wanna keep mine as its the one that came with the car, honest that place I found was brilliant loads of oem parts mats strut braces everything, you decided on what your doing with the alloys yet? 

Skint at the mo as only been back at work for 3 weeks, so nothing gona happen for a while.

Wheels are a mess at the mo. Got 2 speedlines that need tyres but not important as i have 5 steels from the donor, 4 very good tyres and the spare one needs a tyre as its old and side walls cracked. Was gona use it in mine as the speedline wont fit in the wheel well.

Was looking at some yaris sr alloys on ebay. 195 50 firestones all round £200

Screenshot_20200822-162820_eBay.jpg