Few of us are headin to JAE 2006 from Northern Ireland. Getting a ferry from Larne to Fleetwood???

Just wondering where the hell fleetwood is and where JAE is being held. East of England showgrounds means nothing to me. Anybody help me out, AA route planners a bitch without a destination.

Are you guys and gals all headin?

For 2006 JAE will be staying at the new, bigger venue, The East of England Showground. But for 2006 we now have even more to do with more activities for clubs, more activities for enthusiasts and better facilities.

JAE 2006 will take place from Friday 21 July 2006 to Sunday 23 July 2006

Noel how can u neverhave heard of fleetwood??!! ;) Its not very far north of Liverpool, only a matter of miles, Toymota may know an exact figure.

Ok...apparently a return fare Larne - Fleetwood with a car and 2 people is £200 ISH!!!! I say ISH as the girl i spoke to from P&O ferries wasnt quite sure at the time but leave it with me i can find out this week.

Try the Via Michelin website dude, Peterborough from Liverpool is about 200miles or about 3hrs so not really that bad.

The next question then is when we would head out?? If we left on thursady where would we stay on the thursday night, or do we leave early friday. Also, as far as i know there's an overnight boat but again i'll find out this week for definate, the P&O terminal is 5mins from my house. The overnight one leavin on thursday night would be good, if we got in early friday we couyld be at the show for maybe early afternoon.

@Geo, will the UKSC be there from the friday until the sunday or just saturday?? This would determine when we would head over.

The other question then is the return journey, i suppose we'd leave probably sundy afternoon sometime and try and catch an overnight boat back to get back for monday mornin.

I'll see wot info and figures i can find out this week for u NI guys.

Phil.

last year there was a good turn out, only to get ruined by the weather  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah ditto! i remeber turning up in the morning though and it being awkward lol having to meet everyone for the first time was scary!!

it was good, but my car may not be there this year depending on how bad all the damage is by then!!

Rich.

not at all rich,

everyone that knows you and your car knows its minted so regardless of what state its in it can still be apreceated mate :lol:

Nangle

yea our conveoy will arive around friday fternoon, so we can have time to set up the markees etc,

and we will be leavin in the afternoon on the sunday :lol:

not at all rich,

everyone that knows you and your car knows its minted so regardless of what state its in it can still be apreceated mate :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks mate. im hoping to sink some cash into getting her looking nice again soon hopefully... or getting a new car!! :lol:

Rich.

you just turn up dude thats it,

its not like the cars get vetted to go on it,

the more the merryer,

the starlet is such a unique car.

every one thats on the stand is worth lookin over in my book

Well fleetood is only up the rd from liverpool aint it?? Id say we'll probably skirt round liverpool rather than drivin thro it due to traffic etc etc so im sure theres somewhere we could meet ya!!!! U obviously know the area better than we do but nearer the time we'll probably work out a route usin motorways and sure u can say 'i'll see ya's at this point'. Be class to have ya along.

Phil.

Cool. yeah we'll be stayin the whole weekend...well i definately am. Plan to get into fleetwood hopefully early friday mornin, be at JAE for early afternoon as its only 200miles/3hrs and stay friday and sat night, then eave sunday afternoon and hopefully get an overnight boat back to larne.

Phil.