Im going to be a starlet owner again

well i need something cheap, fast and good looking, just like me hehe, plus i miss my starlet

but this is the third time of trying to get one so third time lucky really

thats minted to see you back with an ep hou, :huh:

that gt was at the thrash last year and put in some of the quickest times,

any details of that thrash mate and which month it featured in banzai as wanting to backorder a copy

also its standard bar a dump valve but heard something bout it having a hybrid turbo in????

this is what it said in the feature mate...

i'd like to be able to tell you more about the tuning mods on matthews starlet, but neither of us have a danny whats been fitted, if anything. for instance, we dont know what boost pressure the turbo is producing because it still has the original actuator. all we've been able to deduce is that the standard ct9a has anodised bolts on its housing, and we'd like to think that means its got hybrid internals. probably not though.

it was the first time matthew had ever tried pitting his car against the clock, so it was a steep learning curve working out the right combination of revs and clutch. a little wheelsspin from the startline is good in order to keep the revs boardering on maximum torque but needs to be contained to maximise traction. as you can see from the results, theres a massive difference between matthews first and second runs- 1.35sec across the benchmark 0-60mph. he also admitted blasting up past 120mph but bottled out soon afterwards, remembering that he also needed to drive home.

© Copyright banzai magazine october 2005

and according to the feature the 0-60 on your car was 7.27sec in pretty much standard trim, whereas another 82 on the thrash did a 0-60 in 7.53 with; hks airfilter, litz bov, ecatted 2.25" exhaust, TRD paddle clutch.

obviously most of the 0-60 is down to the driver, but still, it was matthews first time against the clock?

hope that helps dude,

jeez ive been typin for ages!! :huh:

Rich.