GBR Motorsport Demo Car #1

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its actually scary how light some of the panels are now. to get it on the axel stands we just got one person at each corner and lifted the shell up -_-

im not sure on a definate figure yet but hopefully around 800kg's and power to be close to 400bhp so should make just over 400bhp/per ton

Gary

Gonna be immense -_- -_-

cheers dude, it's getting there.

never seen this thread before - wot an awesome job !!!!!

yeh I've not updated in a while, only just got back onto it. Thanks anyway mate

Going to town on the weight saving Gaz.

You must be going for some turbo for close to 400hp!

yeh one thing just leads to another, once you start stripping it and cutting bits out there's some much more you notice you don't actually need.

Turbo will be big lol but it's a mixture of a few other things. Around 350 and it won't be slow so I'll still be happy, hopefully I can get to around 800kg without the driver.

i thought the original idea was 250 bhp lol think i might send my next car to you for a weight saving class hah

yeh was originally but it's seems to more common now so thought if I want it to be more unique I need more!

nice saving there i'd say should be a beast soon enough

cheers mate, should be back together soon

Was waiting for an update -_-

Weight saving FTW -_-

yeh it's been a while

I know what turbo setup :p

Hope your going to the gym mate, be a shame to loose all the weight off the car without loosing any yourself :)

I've changed the turbo setup again I'm affraid sparky so it's a secret lol.

And are you implying I'm fat?!! Lol. I'm actually at the gym to put weight on the now but I only weigh 8 stone so should matter about driver weight lol.

haha^ i need that aswell lol

Very nice thread mate! never seen it before don't know how i missed it. The weight saving has given me a few ideas lol.

cheers mate, yeh not been updating lately but should get more regular now

Awwww damn you, keeping secrets from me :rtfm: lol

And no not saying your fat at all dude, 8 stone? Your definitely not fat!! :harhar:

In that case dont wear any clothes while driving it, will ruin all the weight saving efforts ;)

• 1 month later...

Just a small update,

Shell is now at new workshop premesis

1293307553.jpg

1293307555.jpg

1293307557.jpg

1293307563.jpg

1293307564.jpg

Small bit of bodywork to be finished, Shell will be undersealed when i get it on the roof lift.

Then its off to the paint shop and im aiming for a convoy of mates together to go for Ten Of The Best in July

More updates soon

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

Another small update,

Now we are in the new workshop i decided once it was onganised to crack on with the shell as soon as i could. all that was left to prep underneath was to run over it with a wire brush to clean it before undersealing.

Luckily we have a roof crane in the new premises so i winched the shell up to get underneath it as its to difficult on the floor.

b8996d9c.jpg

e48d79e2.jpg

after a few hours cleaning i was left with this.

0bb40c94.jpg

f3b70cb2.jpg

b6817c92.jpg

26fbaa65.jpg

654c9bee.jpg

174bbb0b.jpg

b874e654.jpg

b2dc68ed.jpg

More rust off to save weight lol, Also removed the fuel tank brackets as i no longer need them

dc8a206f.jpg

Outer shell bodywork is now also finished, small bit of prep to be done on interior and engine bay then its time for paint

More updates soon

Gary

@ Luke, yeh it's getting there now, alot of modding and repairs on body which took a while. Also moving premises and winter weather didn't help,

Almost on the rebuild thou :-)

@ Ryan, I was there Wednesday night until 7.30 and Thursday until 6.30 so about 4 hours altogether.

Ready to be undersealed now thou, and cant thank you enough for your help on the bodywork

Gary

• 3 weeks later...