My Starlet - White Ep91

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple of shots from last month but didn't bother to post as only these two came out half decent:

I quite like this shot

3659432117a9097183167o.jpg

And I like this one of the back end

3659432117a9097183144o.jpg

And today... got my air filter on:

3659432117a9243883609o.jpg

3659432117a9243883668o.jpg

If you look closely I've got the air sensor in the pipe, drilled a hole in there and stuck the rubber bit from the standard airbox in there.

And the filter is tucked under there nicely, also making use of the standard airfeed pipe.

And last but not least an engine bay shot that came out shit but I was trying to be quick, you can't really tell from here but my engine bay is actually filthy. ;)

3659432117a9243883562o.jpg

I love it, it's nice and quiet as it was before when you're at low revs just tootling around, but gets rather loud when you boot it, and I still have the standard exhaust and backbox. Has made a decent increase to accelleration, and it gets to 90 really easy.

Next is just a bit of maintenence, cam belt and alternator belt change, new brake pads and shoes, everything else save up.

And yeah postman pat came at last, was definately worth the wait, much more fun driving with it. Only thing is, my dad thinks he's 17 again.

Nah, I bought the reducer/pipe/filter all seperate.

It's an Apiro filter. I was going to move the rad accross and have the filter behind the bumper but didn't want long piping. So I've put it as low as I could get it behind the battery, so it's getting a decent amount of air from "underneath" aswell as the standard plastic pipe thing is pretty much on top of it. It's given a decent gain, the only thing is I think it will be good for winter while it's cold, but it's probably going to be shit in the summer when it's warm.

At the end of the day you can't complain at less than £50 for a noticeable gain in accelleration and a nice roar. ;)

Plus the fun to be had with it being quiet at low revs and then roars loud as fuck when you boot it. :p

I've considered making some sort of heat shield but I'm happy as it is for now.

Cam belt and alternator belt will be ordered soon, just a bit of maintenence as it has just passed 72k on the clock.

After that it will be the brakes (replacement of pads & shoes) and then the rest of my earnings from now until I have enough money will be saved, and sometime early next year (hopefully) I will be buying another Starlet, swapping the parts over, and selling this one.

Little update nothing special:

Cam belt and alternator belt have been ordered from ToyTuning.

Brake pads and shoes will be replaced soonish.

I'm considering a rev gauge - I was looking at 52mm ones but decided it would be too small, so I think I'm going to go for this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-Gauge-Rev-Coun...%3A1|240%3A1318

Good choice or should I look at something else?

• 3 weeks later...