• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this yours?spec?pics

Yes it's mine.

Eagle rod's.

YCP piston's (modified)

Standard block just honed/glaze busted. 0.004" p2w clearance at largest point.

ACL bearings

Gen honda head gasket.

ARP head studs.

Modified oil pump original 144k mile pump :p

Modified block and girdle for rods to fit.

Head work by myself.

Cheap cast manifold, (soon to make a new 1 but you never get time to do my own car)

Hondata s300, socketed and mapped by me.

6 paddle clutch, custom flywheel, (extra clamping force)

Lot's of little bit's to make it all come together.

At brunters it did

0-30 in 2.07

0-60 in 4.76 (did 58mph at the time in second gear ;))

0-100 in 8.93

quarter in 12.53 at 119.6 (limiter in 4th)

140.6 limiter in 5th i did raise the limiter but couldn't be bothered to do another top speed run as it was never going to be very good.

On the day the car weighed 930kg's plus fuel and me.

It's since had plastic windows and about 30kg's of weight removed from inside the car.

New engine will be built when i get chance for TOTB.

seen this in the flesh it looks a reyt sleeper (apart from now its got rota grids off his bros glanza)

seen/heard it go aswell it flippin amazing

yet to have a passanger ride in it yet though (hint hint rick ;))

and ofcourse all work done by himself a true testiment to his skills

and then theres hes evo :p lol

seen this in the flesh it looks a reyt sleeper (apart from now its got rota grids off his bros glanza)

seen/heard it go aswell it flippin amazing

yet to have a passanger ride in it yet though (hint hint rick ;) )

and ofcourse all work done by himself a true testiment to his skills

and then theres hes evo :p lol

Haha, cheers.

No engine in it, took it out the other day, new 1 will be done in 2 weeks ready to be run in for TOTB on the 27th!

Here's a little vid of the Civic.

Are you a member of passion ford aswell. Im sure i've seen a thread of your car on there. My name is because!!!! on passion ford. For sum strange reason i cant get on the website since teh 27th of july, it just comes up with 'server cannot be found' <_<

Does this happen to you or is it just my internet bieng gay!!!

I badly want to know how the fords did at totb.

Nice civic

for those who asked yes it was him at TOTB with the holes in the bumpers

he blew a turbo up on the way down there so had to change his turbo at the side of the road lol

as far as i know he did a 12.5 but i left abit early so dont know if he did any better or anything

How did it go? :p

In a word badly, but i suppose it wasn't all that bad considering. I had a puncture the night before (stranded on m1 at 11 with no spare) so had budget tyres on the rear, i fitted off a mates car at half 11)

Set off at 6 and by 7 i was spannering the turbo off at the side of the m18 after a pretty caterstrophic failure. Anyway with 10 miles to run in and map a new turbo i suppose we did ok, i left the car on the rich side, which with the high inlet temp's and compensation maps the car was really rich on the strip.

i 'think' i may of seen this yesterday, will have to look through the pics..

If you've got any pic's or vid's stick them up here.

was this the one runnin at 10 of the best on sunday? with holes cut into the rear bumper to reduce drag?

Yes i was. :p

Are you a member of passion ford aswell. Im sure i've seen a thread of your car on there. My name is because!!!! on passion ford. For sum strange reason i cant get on the website since teh 27th of july, it just comes up with 'server cannot be found' :p

Does this happen to you or is it just my internet bieng gay!!!

I badly want to know how the fords did at totb.

Nice civic

Site's sometimes a bit iffy. But not that bad.

Results for TOTB are all here.

http://www.redlinemag.com/

for those who asked yes it was him at TOTB with the holes in the bumpers

he blew a turbo up on the way down there so had to change his turbo at the side of the road lol

as far as i know he did a 12.5 but i left abit early so dont know if he did any better or anything

Yes i think my best was 12.53 at 112mph. I should have been doing over 120 terminals but it didn't happen on the day.

Managed a 4th in handling on my first run, (I braked for a corner that wasn't there as well) My second run i pushed a little bit harder.... a bit 2 hard. And sent it sideways through the cones. (good rear tyres) I never even pumped the fronts back up after drag so did the handling with 9psi in the fronts.

A long day but a good laugh. :p