cool man, you know what power your puttin down then? my homies just had his civic built up and mapped at 400bhp at 1.5bar or summet. luv the holes cut out the bumper! if i new it was you i would of come up and had a gud look at it but wasnt sure!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool man, you know what power your puttin down then? my homies just had his civic built up and mapped at 400bhp at 1.5bar or summet. luv the holes cut out the bumper! if i new it was you i would of come up and had a gud look at it but wasnt sure!

You should have anyway, loads were looking around the car.

The bumper was flaring out at the side's when doing high speeds so i cut the holes and it stopped it, must have made a reasonable difference.

I wasn't putting down a lot at on the day. Probably only 300 ish. I reckon i'm over 400 again now, more boost timing and leaner but simply didn't get the time to map it on the way to TOTB and while tweaking between run's i couldn't get it right with only 4th gear for reference and 3-4 run's down the strip.

What build have they done? Any pic's or links to it?

B16?

I'm currently involved in a H23 build. That will put down some really nice numbers.

I'm coming to the end of the road with this car, i think i'll sell it shortly and start something on a better base.

You should have anyway, loads were looking around the car.

The bumper was flaring out at the side's when doing high speeds so i cut the holes and it stopped it, must have made a reasonable difference.

I wasn't putting down a lot at on the day. Probably only 300 ish. I reckon i'm over 400 again now, more boost timing and leaner but simply didn't get the time to map it on the way to TOTB and while tweaking between run's i couldn't get it right with only 4th gear for reference and 3-4 run's down the strip.

What build have they done? Any pic's or links to it?

B16?

I'm currently involved in a H23 build. That will put down some really nice numbers.

I'm coming to the end of the road with this car, i think i'll sell it shortly and start something on a better base.

yeah its a b16, hes been workin on it for a while now dude, not fully sure what the part list is but il ask him and il try and get some pics. best bit is the lauch control!!

yeah its a b16, hes been workin on it for a while now dude, not fully sure what the part list is but il ask him and il try and get some pics. best bit is the lauch control!!

Is he using Hondata S300?

Launch controll's cool isn't it. I make just over 1 bar boost on the spot ;)

Tell him to keep an eye on the old EGT's though, they go through the roof with 2 much retard.

and some boost ;)

The boost's all gone with a cup of T ;)

Christ almight, what the hell does that spool at?!

I'm hoping for full boost at 5200, but i'm going to rev it hard this time. It seems late, but it's only going to be like driving a N/a vtec again, so i'm not that fussed.

It's a twin scroll turbo, which helps with spool, and i'm going to run a divided exhaust housing with twin wastegates, this again should help with spool.

I love boosts

best chocolate ever

Your right :)

mate can you PM me how much your build came to in total beforeyou rebuilt it?

many thanks.cal

Your inbox is full, but it's hard to put a figure on it, i make most of the parts and get things at trade price's.

Spending nothing on labour and mapping etc.

Customers car's start around £1600.

its empty now ricky boyo

£1600 for a t3/t4 conversion on a b16?what power would i see at say 8 psi on a b18 in a uk spec vti

If it's a serious enquiry i'l PM you a breakdown.

But just for interest.

You'd probably be looking around 250 with 8psi.

You could run a reliable 10-11psi with as much as 280 for the same kind of cash, on a basic drive in drive out build.

• 4 weeks later...

hey dude, was out with my mate in his civic the other day as the weather was nice for a change,dry roads ect, so anywho we was excelerating in 3rd gear and all of a sudden, lost power really bad knockin sounds so we pulled over, to find the boost pipe had popped of not a massvie problem so we fitted it back on, started the car back up and realised it wasnt that what was making the noise, he snapped his drive shaft lol so to let ya know ya drive shafts cant handle anymore than 300bhp lol hes just orderd some 500whp ones from the states and then nearly everything on his car is uprated lol

so keep a eye on them drive shafts man lol

hey dude, was out with my mate in his civic the other day as the weather was nice for a change,dry roads ect, so anywho we was excelerating in 3rd gear and all of a sudden, lost power really bad knockin sounds so we pulled over, to find the boost pipe had popped of not a massvie problem so we fitted it back on, started the car back up and realised it wasnt that what was making the noise, he snapped his drive shaft lol so to let ya know ya drive shafts cant handle anymore than 300bhp lol hes just orderd some 500whp ones from the states and then nearly everything on his car is uprated lol

so keep a eye on them drive shafts man lol

Thanks for the heads up but i've been well over 300bhp for 10k miles now and only broke 1 shaft.

Those shafts look to be in poor condition, but the highlight of the problem is probably something else in the pic... The coilovers.

I run 18psi in 225wide R888's on the road and it wheelspins all the way through 3rd gear on a hot dry day.

• 1 month later...