Join the que mate I want first can i rub myself up and down you please. . . . ohh and Diby Dib Dibs if he sells :surrender:

haha hows she going Alex mate anything new??

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything New? Errmm, hows about a Forged Engine. :o

Hey Ollie, heres some more yum to enjoy. :surrender:

I havent updated this thread for time! Uni and other commitments have made me very busy lately but now its the summer again and the Glanz deserves some sun and attention.

After the piston rings showed signs of failiure I thought it would be best to have a new engine built. I was a bit put off by the prospect of waiting 2-3 weeks for this to be done and started looking for a prebuilt engine solution. I found one by pure chance while on holiday in London with my mate (former owner of the Glanz). Ray (GT World) had decided to break his car with the help of Abbot, AzeB and Gaz and his nicely specced engine was available. They are a top bunch of guys and were very helpful. They took Rays engine out of his Gt and fitted it into mine in a matter of hours. These guys know what theyre doing! Abbot was very helpful in giving me info on the engine and its history and vouching for its builder Paul (Saab Technician).

Heres the spec:

Wiesco 74.5mm Low Compression Pistons

Scat Forged Rods

All new bearings

Trd 0.6mm Metal Headgasket

Head Ported, Polished and Gas Flowed by Race Power.

In addition the valve guides were ground flush to aid air flow. This is not a cheap job. (between £500-1000 depending on machine shop and size of head)

New Water Pump

New Oil Pump

This spec is much like a ToyTuning spec which are rated to 400bhp with the right HG. Not that I would be insane enough to go to such limits. :(

The engine had covered 12,000 miles before going into mine so it runs superbly. I immediately noticed a difference in torque and pull through the rev range over the old engine. Its much quieter, smoother and more responsive to drive too. The Glanz feels like it has a new lease of life. :p

Pics!

DSCF1517.jpg

Old and Busted......

DSCF1520.jpg

New Hotness!

DSCF1536.jpg

My Rebuilt Gearbox

DSCF1532.jpg

The difference between a stock flywheel and a Toms ultralight!

DSCF1540.jpg

DSCF1541.jpg

DSCF1543.jpg

All Done!

Big Thanks to Pukka Performance, these guys defo know whats what in the starlet world.

Yes now 1.4 bar and 250hp please Pav I will pop down when its done :surrender:

lol, I need to sort my injectors out first. I have a set of 460cc ones but they just dont want to fire up! :( I may send them to be flowed but thats more money spent and Im planning to sell the car! I really feel like keeping it a little longer so I can get 250+ flowing but I think its time to move on to something bigger now I can afford it.

nice one mate, glad your happy with it, would of been alot quicker if aze was not so hung over :( :surrender:

Yeh Im pretty sure it would have been, the words "I fucking hate OIL!" come to mind!

Hey bro, were gonna have to meet up again soon. Im back in the Big T for the summer. be)

Sounds like a plan be)

You stood me up last time :surrender:

Gimme a call when your in the area and have free time, would be good to see how she looks now :(