Ive found a nice set of 17's for a nice price too. Will i suffer that badly from speed/rubbing etc ? Ill be having height adjustable coilovers so i can try to tailor the height so that it doesnt rub (if poss).

Any pro's con's would be nice.. And yes i know most of you people like 14's and 15's but i love big wheels.

Cheers in advance.

D

I use to run 17's but I was delighted I changed.

Firstly they weighted a ton, had probs with scrubbing and I was on adjustable coilovers aswell running spacers.

I dropped back to 16's and I love em, Response and accelleration was much quicker and the rim size is not too big or really small. perfect IMO.

lol.. consider me pursuaded then.. 16's it is.. Cheers for that guys..

What brands would you recommend ? i dont want anything too pricey and something which others have done to death. Something nice, non dished (spokes go to edge of alloy not inner lip) and i want white.

The wheels i looked at were inovit STVI.

Cheers

As above, I would recommend 14's or 15's like Si said but 16's can look okay, they still sap performance and ride quality it's a lot to turn for a 1.3 and puts a lot of stress on the engine mounts. We have some used 15's for sale which came on a Glanza from Japan:

http://www.toytuning.com/onlineshop/usedpa...eels154x100et36

Let us know what you think, otherwise keep an eye on the forums or maybe someone like Si could import some for you from yahoo which is what we used to do for a lot of customers.

Best Regards,

Toby

• 4 weeks later...

i run 17's fitted them a few days ago, only got them because i was after some 3 spoke advans but some 3 spoke volks popped up local with brand new tyres for 90quid and my old wheels needed 3 new tyres that was going to be more than a new set of volks.

anyway they are scrubbing a little bit but the one of the rears makes a weird noise but the offset seems a little low on them so some 10mm spacers should sort it out this is them on my car SP_A0078.jpg

refurb is due to commence shortly B)

as for ride, i seem to have more confidence at high speed,it feels more planted and going round corners it grips better and feels smoother but then again my old tyres where borderline and probably illegal B) (still shifted them on for 100 big ones more than my volks though ;))

Ive found a nice set of 17's for a nice price too. Will i suffer that badly from speed/rubbing etc ? Ill be having height adjustable coilovers so i can try to tailor the height so that it doesnt rub (if poss).

Any pro's con's would be nice.. And yes i know most of you people like 14's and 15's but i love big wheels.

Cheers in advance.

D

if you get 17's i would suggest you lower it 25mm instead of 40mm or if you can, don't lower it at all.

at the end of the day starlets are ugly cars! no matter what you put on and what you do they are always going to be ugly. the starlet community has respect for good parts that have been put on a starlet so they say it is nice but there ugly both glanzas and especially gt's, but that's now why i bought my car B) it's about how the car drives and goes, and for me its driving and handling better.

I can't believe it handles better/ scrubbing/tramlining etc.

I bought a starlet with 17's on as a breaker, put the wheels on another as a test, it scrubbed like a bastard, handled fuckin awful, slowed it down because they weighed soooooo much etc etc.

At the end of the day it's your car, if you like it then thats what matters. B)

16's if your going for looks

15s are a nice compromise for performance and handling

I will be using 16s for shows and 15s for track days B)

Although Geo's Glanza looks amazing on those 18" compo's in the flesh IMO B)

But thats because it has the JAM kit which is nice and deep so it doesnt look very high and like a roller skate

I can't believe it handles better/ scrubbing/tramlining etc.

I bought a starlet with 17's on as a breaker, put the wheels on another as a test, it scrubbed like a bastard, handled fuckin awful, slowed it down because they weighed soooooo much etc etc.

At the end of the day it's your car, if you like it then thats what matters. B)

it does handle better i have adjusted my camber when i put the wheels on and after driving adjusted it a bit more,theres far more tyre touching the road which equates to more grip,also when pulling off it no longer set's the tyres on fire so im able to pull off at 3-4k rpm and hardly spin the tyres.

it only scrubs because of the offset being 20 odd but now thats sorted.

• 1 month later...

17's are far too big for a starlet.

I am currently running 16 inch Rotas & have thought of changing to a smaller size e.g 14's or 15's.

Although the 16's do the starlet justice, well the Rota Lightweights do anyway.