Keep meaning to scan these or the real faces in case people want to make there own (if anybody wants these send me a stamped and self addressed envelope)

Scan them in, just so you have a copy.

They might come in handy is anyone ever wants something from these guys.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the offer wings man! u say the needles are off since u took them off the pins?? this happened to me, my sparky thought that when the needle is removed the pin was able to spin a wee bit (the amount the needle subsequently reads off by). dont understand why they would be built this way tho as that would be a bastard to construct in a factory - wind the pin on very slightly AND HOLD IN PLACE while the needle is put on...would seem an odd way of doin things no??

Phil.

would be a bastard to construct in a factory - wind the pin on very slightly AND HOLD IN PLACE while the needle is put on...would seem an odd way of doin things no??

Possible though, as cars for a while now have been built by machines, and therefore CAN be that precise with stuff like that

would be a bastard to construct in a factory - wind the pin on very slightly AND HOLD IN PLACE while the needle is put on...would seem an odd way of doin things no??

Possible though, as cars for a while now have been built by machines, and therefore CAN be that precise with stuff like that

More likely they feed in a middle voltage and slap the needles on, if only I knew the range of values they worked with I could do the calibration myself, anybody around here happen to know the electrical specs for the SR cluster?!

thanks for the offer wings man! you say the needles are off since you took them off the pins?? this happened to me, my sparky thought that when the needle is removed the pin was able to spin a wee bit (the amount the needle subsequently reads off by). dont understand why they would be built this way though

No worries mate, but I'm sure the swap method should work for you. Also the cheapest way that doesn't affect quality may be the answear

I had to remove the needles to get the custom faces off. The temp does go down on it's own, like the rev counter, but not the fuel. I put the fuel back where it was which is fine, but the temp/rev may have 'slipped off' the scale.

The jumpy on power-on rev needle makes me suspicious, ;) but if I zero it the needle at power-on but engine-off it should be fine, and do similar with the temp (but with the engine warmed up of course) it may be fine. 4-day bank holiday weekend coming up, I may have another go then

Gonna drop miracle411 another PM ask some more questions

Can i have them white dials? :D

There faded and peeling, and I'm gonna scan and post the pics up over the weekend (if I can remember where I left them), but if you want them

send me a stamped and self addressed envelope
PM me if you need an address

Fitted the damn things!

To be brief the rev counter is fine, as is the speedo, I know the fuel is off, hope it settles so I can readjust it before I run out of petrol,.....

Tried making custom faces, but the rev needle caught so couldn't move freely enough, oh well :D A small victory overall, just need to adjust that petrol needle

Also I swapped over the speedo mechanism from the old clocks so no need to disassemble the mechanism to alter milage, so,......

Quick guide to SR clocks fitting

1. Grab Miracle's wiring guide, and SR clocks

2. Check the wiring colours matches

2a. It does, goto 4

2b. It does not, goto 3

3. Rewire the plugs. As you look at the plugs in the dash, label them B-C-A, left to right (numbers are on the back of the plugs, or use the wiring guide)

Order to move plugs

B1 out (might goto C5 just tape off for now)
B2->B1
A8->B2
A9->A8
A10->A9
A11->A10
A12<->A13 (swap)
C5->C6

4. Put plugs back in

Obviously this misses swapping over the speedo mechanism, and a few tips that make the process a lot quicker :( I'll do a proper write up later, PM me if you want details and I haven't done the proper write up yet, or promise me free food and I'll do it for you at JAE :(

what alot of hastle mate but im glad you got it sorted, ive pasted most of the info from this for the front page :D

thanx

Oh God, now I'm gonna feel really guilty if I don't do a proper write up at some point! :(, but it's great you've put some of my bits on the front page :(

Still gotta sort that fuel needle, but it's gone all cold and rainy outside, ugh

Fitted a new stereo to her car, a JVC KD-G611, bought for less than £40 from TGTT although I had to spend £14 on an ISO wiring harness as the existing one was for a sony unit, which being sony ;) surprise surprise, wasn't a standard harness

helens_stereo.jpg

It's a bit scratched, and the bottom left corner is chipped, but it works fine and can play mp3 CD's as she'd like (also has a sub lead :p )

Second-hand MS Designs bodykit bought today also

First post updated

Thanks mate. The headunit & wiring adapter ate all the petty cash, the kit and some extra bits I got today,.......

boxes.jpg

....have eaten all my bouns, which leaves me with my cashed in overtime (£103 woo!) to have the kit painted and fitted, the spoiler repaired and fitted, scratches and dents sorted, as well as a few other bits.

So watch this space, but don't hold your breath! ;)

Also in the background is a Glanza wiring loom I got a while back, (to get the central locking control box and window relay for her car). It's currently having th electric wing mirror wiring taken out of it, don't have the wing mirrors, but I'll be ready when they come!

• 4 weeks later...

The SR spoiler is one, only cost £35 the guy reckoned it would we cheaper to get the chips sorted with touch-up paint, so after the glue had dried I went for a quote for that, turns out it's gonna cost the same to touch it up as it would of to paint it all as the colour is slightly different to the car <_< moral of the story don't skimp and do it properly the first time,....

I'll get a pic up when my webhost feels like playing, and if Idrees buy's my old lights I might be able to afford getting it done! :unsure: