• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey Wings B) !

Your car is getting on nicely with all the nice TRD additions, some even I don't have lol!

You might want to try screw the TRD oil cap so the logo is upright :D

Keep Up The Good Work & Progress :D

I am sure there is plenty more to come B) !

(I'm single so I get more to spend on myself and the STARLETTO and lovin it!!! :D

Take it ez bro!

Peace Out

Joz

The oil cap is a big lump of metal, once getting it in and tight it took all of the 20 secs I needed to grab my camera to get lovely and warm :D at which I decided to leave touching it agian for another day B), if I remember I shall correct in the morning!

The only bad thing is it shows up my rocker head so much! B)

The only bad thing is it shows up my rocker head so much!

True mate, same for myself, in reality you can get the rocker bling bling yourself, just need to take it off and use some autosol and a wire brush, the longer you do it, the better the result, prob take a weekend.

About your backbox, I couldnt tell you exactly how to fit it, but I do know that the old bracket will more than like be a real bugger to get off so u will need some tools that will require you to use eye protection...

Peace Out

Joz

• 2 weeks later...

Glad u finally got ít fitted amd liking it man!

Should change that to Remus Backbox Fitted tho ;)

What do you think of the drive now? Better feeling than the ol' peashooter???

Peace Out

Joz

I've not noticed much difference to be honest, perhaps a tiny bit more noise, but still sounds the same

The pipe from the flange join to the backbox has a bigger radius which should help but as the rest of the system is still the same (and I've yet to get that mani on, but I have secret plans for it first,....) it stills feels the same, maybe I'll get the center box removed at some point too

• 2 months later...

Nice touch mate wish i could see mine bounce but i just hear it :D

Yea most cars sound diff when cold like mine pops quite alot and if your near the rev limit the induction noise is immense!!!!!! like Throttle Bodies :D:D

Went for a drive in the dark last night, my old clocks basically had a light shining on them, these light up from the back so the numbers glow the needles too, feel like I've moved up a model in the range (alloys+sr style backbox+rev counter so I almost have! :D )

Was a damned pain to get it in though, the speedo cable wasn't for shifting easily! :D

Need to sort that mani sorted, but might have to hold off until the g/f passes, she's on the insurance now and she'd notice if the car felt different, don't want her asking awkward like "what have you done?" :D

• 4 weeks later...

New bits

Rear speakers - Kenwood 6x9's fitted

Subwoofer - 12" Pro-Plus, with a 425watt (210watts RMS) Blaupunkt amp

sub.jpg

JVC 6x9's now in her car, and the old sony CD player that came with my car is in her's too (it came with a tape deck)

Off to the scrappy tomorrow hope I find something interesting to add to my car, nobody posts in here :(

Hi Wings :lol:

Lovin the progress man! Bet you have some nice sounds happenin now!

Its just been a little while since your last major or minor update, but Im sure people still check your thread :(

You got commitments anyway bro, so your only doing your best which is great!

Good luck at the scrappy mate!

Peace Out

Joz

Thanks guys (was in serve danger of going a bit emo,......)

audiowarning.jpg

The sub is great got it set up so it adds punch to my metal, but doesn't drown out everything a'la chav, in fact if the stereo is quiet (ie low enough for normal conversation) it sounds like normal 6x9 with base, but step up the volume a tab, BOOM stealth sub! :(

I'm going to same scrappy as last time, trekking all the way to Manchester and back hope it worth

I'm aiming to get two electric n/a doors so I can convert the g/f's car to elec windows, gonna be keeping an eye out for clear indicators (which if I can't find I will be ordering from the Toyota dealer)

Also if I find a Glanza bumper/sidskirts in silver I may have them too fancy a SR spoiler/clocks also.

Going to try and be more clued up this time and spot some good bits :lol:

Alas my scrap-fu is weak :D

After doing a load of jobs that needed doing Monday morning(road tax ran out on Tuesday, so that need doing, and soon!), then having lunch, I spent ages hunting for the bit of with the scrappy address on. Still can't find it. This didn't leave enough time for me to go to Manchester and back, and then pick up the g/f, so I played with google instead found some other places to go.

Tues morning one, thats nearish, he directed me to a yard in Bolton, they said they'd get back to me, I waited the whole day and nothing :blink: didn't want to go off in case they phoned.

So in one respect a waste of two days off, but jobs got done, a day of chilling out too, and the internet provided me with two opportunities that I took for once, instead of letting them slip by. Got a bit I really want and for a good price, the scrappies would of cost me a bomb I bet! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Mystery package picture!

post_all.jpg

Well the one in the plastic isn't a mystery, had it for a while, the envelope for a month or two, the small box a week (one of my two internet opportunities, still waiting for the second), the Big T shapped one came a few hours ago, just unpacked it all :ph34r: