Since my car accident and the little starlet being well a big right off me and my mate finished off our project at work and here are the results not many done in the uk and we did it properly :huh:

enjoy

28102008769yv8.jpg

Now the interesting part

I read alot into turboin the N/A's and all the problems with the compression issues and map sensor problems but we managed too work through it and do it properly with using the 4e-fte ecu its would start but would with the 4e-fe one, the problem being it wasnt getting the extra signals from the distributor so we set up on buyin a gt dizzy and extra coil and wired it into our origanal loom and 4e-fte ecu. other then that pritty much everything went to plan no other problems really we put at 2mm head gasket on which lowerd the compression dramatically which we needed. the car runs perfectly now and its home we just need to sort fuelin out as it is runnin a little rich which was expected. its runnin 5psi atm and the clutch is totally gone neally its real bad ha. i put it up against my brother 1.5 conversion and managed to pull 3-4 car lengths on him which i was pleased with to say the clutch slips like mad and my power just isnt being put down good.

next on the list is clutch next month ;)

28102008770ys6.jpg

w2592.png

im not going to mad with it dont worry dont want to kill her already lol

just want to see how long the standard engine lasts hmmmm

it want be down this time im there next week but it will deffenitly be there next time which will be after christmas

• 2 months later...

ok soo havent updated in a while......been driving the car round happily but im gett about 120 mile to a full tank soooo over fueling like made and had major oil leaks which well i could'nt fine where it came from there was that much soooo i came to the conclusion of taking her off the road......for now :D

heres a pic of when she was alive all clean...

1549941590a9649239777lfz1.jpg

now shes off this is what she looks like oh and another reason for taking her off road was thats some one put my back window through and i no who it was :@. anyway lol

1549941590a9847877539lvs8.jpg

sooo i started to strip her down with the intention of new starlet turbo pistons and rings normal head gasket and gettin the fueling right but then i came across....

1549941590a9847877961let0.jpg

turbo bye bye sooo i need a new turbo nice :thumbsup: sooo while im at it I've decided to get a new turbo ct9, uprated manifold and uprated downpipe along with a front mount intercooler, fcd, fpr and a walbro fuel pump and try to get 180bhp needing to do this i will also need to get a clutch :o expensive couple of month it will be then..

13012009879pb5.jpg

so i started off with taking the turbo off along with both exhaust and inlet manifolds.

13012009880eg0.jpg

then off came the p.a.s and oil filter adapter plate. i was just takin the head off for now soo i took the cambelt off the top and was ready to take the cams out.

13012009883qn1.jpg

cams out :p head bolts ready for out and head off.

15012009885ja1.jpg

well no signs of any head gasket problems also note the high compression pistons on the n/a engine

15012009886jr3.jpg

head ready to be taken to work to take valve springs and valves out also going to change to valve stem oil seals while am there.

another thing i was talkin to our receptionist today and her dad is an engineer and asked him how much a port and polish and my head skimmin would cost and hes going to do it for £40 soo thats a bargain!

16012009887pp6.jpg

16012009888ez1.jpg

after a nice clean at work and stripping down of all valves and seals.

ordering pistons and rings on monday and gettin ported and polished next week :p

if id of started with the 4e-fte in the 1st place then it wunt of been much of an achivement i wanted to see f we could make a starlet turbo for £600 and we did includin the car aswell and theres not many starlet turbos for £600 is there lol but no i want more power sooo thats why am not doing everything :lol:

oh aye i wunt say its cheatin lol we are the masters........ :| does make it very easy tho ha especially when i take the car into work because if i dont no what the problem is am sure the other techs wil lol

yeah may time baby :p haha i got alot of stuff to do before may tho..... :

full engine rebuild

new turbo

uprated mani and downpipe

walbro fuel pump

fuel pressure reg

fuel cut defender

clutch

full glanza kit sprayed aswell

were talkin about £1500 but how many mint condition glanza's cost £2000 with about 180bhp :p not many

update.....yesterday i set on the task of actually taking the engine out lol so once my mate came along i was all set to go with a little help from my mum and a couple of bacon sarnies and brews :thumbsup:

out came the gear box and clutch..... not in to bad of condition tbh suprised as its only a 4e-fe one

18012009898vv9.jpg

then well came the engine lol and i got my new engine put in bout 2 secs earlier quickest conversion ever i no haha.....

18012009899zj2.jpg

and then i took it out again his bladder went ;) haha

18012009900dz1.jpg

exhaust is a standard glanza one brand new i got from work and if anyone wants to buy it they can do its all shiny a new been used to bout 1 month lol.

next stage engine on engine stand this weekend and order of pistons and rings ;)

cheers pal. oh aye there is a way to turbo anything and doing it to the n/a starlet is a piece of cake once you get your head wrapped round everythings it would of lived with a front mount intercooler and a fuel pressure regulater for the fuel and you have got yourself sumthing the sme speed as a glanza for next to nothing ;)..you should try it :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

haha i aint posted up recently i get annoyed puttin pictures on lol but I've got my front mount now :rolleyes: heads skimmed and ported n polished, got a hks rrfpr and shes going to be up and running by end of march cant wait!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha i know readin back now I've been sayin its runnin ealier then it actually was but thats because i had to keep on buyin more things and funds run low then i baught stuff i dint even need yet buuuuuut you will be happy to know that it is running guys and shes a peach need to fit my exhaust at the weekend and need to get some custom pipings made up for my front mount a few more little things like new rear number plate new windscreen wire my boot up and get 2 new front tyres for my new wheels :surrender: which are rota slipstreams gunmetal grey with a polished outer they look awesome. also got 98 spec rear lights on the bubble type glanza rear bumber glanza boot with spoiler glanza sideskirts and a 98 spec front splitter ready to go on the bumber when i get it sooo ill be on the road in a few week and thats a promise :unsure:

tim

• 1 month later...