Pulled Over..

i recon it was the latter.

bill does drive like a proper wanker 99% of the time. speeding, jumping lights, racing, wheel spinning, etc.

:p

To be honest judging by his attitude/general grumpiness and the fact he was a complete cunt, I'll take a stab at every night being a bad night for him.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i got caught Speeding they told me my number plate was illegal and my exhaust was too loud as it sat there on idle.

They asked me how it passed MOT but to be honest mine is not loud on idle at all i had it next to Cals before and his was soooo much louder.

The good old, ''your exhaust is too loud'' one!.

I got pulled over (with the buddyclub on, for those of you that dont know, its a straight thru system) and i had a decat. The policeman said hed do a decibel check, so i asked to see the guidelines for the check. Suddenly he decided he wasnt going to do the test and let me on my way.

Decibels work on an increasing scale, so birdsong in silence could read 100db. In order to get a decent reading they have to do it under conditions. Road noise etcetc has a massive factor on the reading.

thats crazy, was driving back up from manchester yesterday and got pulled twice in the space of ten minuites aproaching glasgow!

ended up getting a £30 horty for my plate,

but whats the chances of gettting pulled twice in ten mins, the second set of cops dident believe me at all when i said.

thats teh 4th time ive been pulled this month and its only 10 days gone

Mate appeal it

Then say to the cops check it then if it does beak the noise barrier fair nuff but your cars quite compared with a lot of cars on here... :p

The cop was a cunt with a grudge

Simple as.

Also out of interst was the engine still cold when he pulled you over?

I contacted my local police station for advice today, they were actually quite helpful.

They said that the excessive noise level is at the Officers discretion, and basically said that it was the worst he could've given me. They asked for his name and they kind of knew that it was going to be him or someone like that by the sounds of things. Clearly just a jobsworth out to waste my time and money.

I was told to get myself to a MOT Testing Station that will do a dB check or the Environmental Health Agency. Then to get the dB reading in written proof and attach that to a written letter of appeal.

I was told this rather late in the evening so I only managed to ring 2 MOT testing stations. It doesn't seem they even normally check the dB on cars to see if they're too loud or not, and neither of them had a dB reading machine.

I can see this being a complete pain in the arse now trying to find a garage that knows the rules around this and that also has a dB machine.

thats crazy, was driving back up from manchester yesterday and got pulled twice in the space of ten minuites aproaching glasgow!

ended up getting a £30 horty for my plate,

but whats the chances of gettting pulled twice in ten mins, the second set of cops dident believe me at all when i said.

thats teh 4th time ive been pulled this month and its only 10 days gone

That's brutal mate, first time I've ever been stopped as it goes I guess I've been quite lucky in that respect. It's a bugger they got you for the plate though, what are you going to do about that?

When i got caught Speeding they told me my number plate was illegal and my exhaust was too loud as it sat there on idle.

They asked me how it passed MOT but to be honest mine is not loud on idle at all i had it next to Cals before and his was soooo much louder.

I take it that was just a verbal warning and they let you go?

The good old, ''your exhaust is too loud'' one!.

I got pulled over (with the buddyclub on, for those of you that dont know, its a straight thru system) and i had a decat. The policeman said hed do a decibel check, so i asked to see the guidelines for the check. Suddenly he decided he wasnt going to do the test and let me on my way.

Decibels work on an increasing scale, so birdsong in silence could read 100db. In order to get a decent reading they have to do it under conditions. Road noise etcetc has a massive factor on the reading.

I didn't really think of that at the time, and I didn't really want to hang around potentially getting myself more than the £30 fine I've already had.

Mate appeal it

Then say to the cops check it then if it does beak the noise barrier fair nuff but your cars quite compared with a lot of cars on here... :p

The cop was a cunt with a grudge

Simple as.

Also out of interst was the engine still cold when he pulled you over?

It's definitely not loud, I wouldn't say quiet but comparing mine to Rick's when he had the Glanza it was nothing.

And nope, the engine wasn't cold, I'd been driving for 25-30 minutes by the time he pulled me.

this just adds o my hatred to officers .

the power goes to their heads.

met a bird the other night while out clubing. was getting on with her and i said what do you do for work. she said i work for the police lol

i said well your a fucking idiot then arent you lol and walked off

Looks like your onto a winner mate, at the end of the day the copper just wanted to be a prick but couldnt do you for anything :p

There is NO WAY he can make you change your exhaust UNLESS it is found to be illegal for whatever reason and then you have a little pink ticket in which you have to get the problem sorted within 2 weeks and get a MOT station to check it

I was being followed by a highway cop before, had buckets with harnesses, I pulled into the petrol station and started filling my car completely ignoring the cop until he comes upto me and says, " come have a chat with me once you have finished"

So I drive to where hes parked and he asked me why I didnt have a seatbelt on and I said I was wearing my harnesses, he came and had a look then walked round the car checking all tyres etc came back and said, you sure you was wearing them? I said yes and he replied well your exhausts are too loud so on your way

I was like up yours :p

Cop girlfriend would be lush!

Imagine how good she would come in handy

I need to know this law.... Go find out about,

NOW!

+ Uniform if your into that stuff :p

AND

You could literally 'Fuck the Law' :p

JAG you arent meant to swear your a nice boy lol

I got chatted up by a police woman once at my cousins party (also a cop), she really was tryin and i was just giving her static, she was like you dont like cops do u? My response, no. Plain and simple, no explanation required :p

Taken from Pistonheads

No noise meter is needed. If in the opinion of the prosecuting officer, your car is louder than a standard car of similar type and age, an offence has been committed.

Technically, yes if you fitted a pattern exhaust from, say, Euro Car Parts, it may well be non-compliant. Any modification to the standard exhaust (including changing for a non genuine one) may render you liable to prosecution.

Personally, speaking as someone with a stainless system on my car, I think the risk of prosecution depends more on your driving style than anything else.