Pulled Over..

Basically to cut a long story short tonight I got pulled over, despite him trying to accuse me of speeding/having an illegal number plate he only managed to do me for excessive exhaust noise. (Despite the fact he tried to spell excessive twice, failed again, gave up screwed the paper and threw it on the floor.) It now says 'UNECESSARY NOISE'. (Yes, spelt like that..)

He was a complete and utter prick, trying to completely screw me over but this is the only thing he could get me for.. Now, he told me to put the standard system back on and if I'm caught with it again... (I kind of drifted off here and wasn't sure what he said.)

So, what to do next? :blink: It's not even decatted, just a Blitz Nur Spec with the middle section removed.

*sighs*

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically to cut a long story short tonight I got pulled over, despite him trying to accuse me of speeding/having an illegal number plate he only managed to do me for excessive exhaust noise. (Despite the fact he tried to spell excessive twice, failed again, gave up screwed the paper and threw it on the floor.) It now says 'UNECESSARY NOISE'. (Yes, spelt like that..)

Now that is pure LOL and EPIC FAIL!!

You had me in stitches when you told me that on MSN! :(:blink::o

Leave it as it is?

if he didnt measure the decibels i don't see how he can fine you. theres a certain limit and i doubt Blitz or any other tuner for that matter, would make an illegal exhaust

just found out, the limit is 101db. so i reckon you should appeal it

Leave it as it is?

if he didnt measure the decibels i don't see how he can fine you. theres a certain limit and i doubt Blitz or any other tuner for that matter, would make an illegal exhaust

just found out, the limit is 101db. so i reckon you should appeal it

You're not the first person to say that because he didn't measure the dB that I should be safe, I'll look into that more. But as for the 'Doubt Blitz would make an illegal exhaust' It's not exactly stock, as the centre section has been removed, so it's louder than normal.

So he didn't measure the sound, fined you, then litttered. Get out of it bud :blink: . He is taking the piss out of you.

Bourkey

Interesting, maybe he didn't have a right to fine me then. He didn't litter though, threw it in the driver footwell. He was so angry though it was brilliant.

I thought there was a certain db reading that the car has to be making, for it to be classed as excessive ?

most jap exhausts are around 96db. very rarely go over 100 because of track noise regulations in japland

Centre section has been removed though, it's just a straight pipe.

I thought there was a certain db reading that the car has to be making, for it to be classed as excessive ?

most jap exhausts are around 96db. very rarely go over 100 because of track noise regulations in japland

There is a limit and i think it is around the 96 DB range as well. Obviously if you are ragging round a built up area then you are going to have problems but if it a dual carraige way then they have no argument.

My exhaust is pretty dam loud. Probably louder than any JDM one and i have not had any problems with the police about it. A neighbour who moans if dust falls too loudly said something but nothing to cry about.

Bourkey

There is a limit and i think it is around the 96 DB range as well. Obviously if you are ragging round a built up area then you are going to have problems but if it a dual carraige way then they have no argument.

My exhaust is pretty dam loud. Probably louder than any JDM one and i have not had any problems with the police about it. A neighbour who moans if dust falls too loudly said something but nothing to cry about.

Bourkey

Yup it was a dual carrigeway. I think it may be at the officers discretion whether he decides to do me for the excessive noise or not?

Sounds a bit of a tough one that!

Im surprised if your exhaust really isn't that loud, that he would do you for excessive noise. Especially if he didn't test the exhaust.

From what I have heard, they have to test it there and then. And can only fine you if it's proven that your exhaust is too loud. But this is only what I have heard.

My partners evo3 is loud, and his neighbours complained so much about it that the council called in the police to come and check it. The police checked it and said that it was way under the limit. If your car is louder than his evo 3 then I would be surprised.

I wonder what he'd say about mine :blink: decat single box N/A... But yeah just apeal and say he didn't test it. Happened to me once, didn't get a ticket though because I argued with him that it was in the limits, they did threaten to test it but it was around 9pm on a saturday so doubt theres many testing stations open at that time.

I thought they had something in the cars that could test it? Maybe not.

I know that MOT stations test them, so maybe a good idea to pop to one to get them to test it and if its under then take it to the police station and prove them wrong.

Dont get ya hopes up too much though, it will prob be hard to prove either way.

I think there may be a point there with regards to the whole you'll never win against the Police situation.

Right now I'm thinking of just paying the fine, adding a silencer to the exhaust and a Nur Spec Baffle Bung to the tip: http://www.temple-tuning.co.uk/blitz-nur-s...bung-3179-p.asp

A part of me really wants to win this battle though, purely because I actually tried being decent to the copper at first but he just treated me like a rapist or something.

gutter ball mate!! .. my 5zigens a loud little mofo!!! few people off here can vouch lol.. its lovely sounding tho lol :blink:

aint ever had any problems? apart from the prats actualy issuing me an asbo on me and the car :( said i was racing....

his proof.. i was a car and a half length away from the car infront.... so wait because im what half a car length less than you would normal drive distance wise im racing?