Is it just me or does anyone elses N/A Starlet...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ imagine de cating your custom n/a exhaust. Leaving just the back box. That would be too loud lol.

Back on subject. The starlet does sound like a civic upto about 6K. But after that the n/a runs out of puff and the VTEC keeps on going. SCREAMING!!

Mine pops and bangs. It has flamed very large once shifting down form high speed on Snakes Pass ;). Mine also sets car alarms off, makes dogs bark, and just genrally sounds like hell is breaking loose behind me. Silencers pfffff who needs them ;).

Bourkey

Think my exhaust might sound quite a bit like yours mate! Also when I'm only doing about 1.5-2k revs in 2nd gear when the revs go down and it burbles away sometimes when I ever so gently open the throttle plate I get a massive 'PAP'!!!!! sounds phat and scares the shit outta the kids and old people ;) :D

Anyone else experience this????

Joe

^^^ imagine de cating your custom n/a exhaust. Leaving just the back box. That would be too loud lol.

Back on subject. The starlet does sound like a civic upto about 6K. But after that the n/a runs out of puff and the VTEC keeps on going. SCREAMING!!

I was advised to change the backbox before getting a decat as it would be pretty loud ;)

On another not the company who made my exhaust quoted me £280 for a front exit exhaust on my next car ;) I was like wtf its only a tiny bit of pipe and a backbox, oh well

Oh and I will get your Rolla mani off on the weekend hopefully dude, this poxy weather ;)

I was advised to change the backbox before getting a decat as it would be pretty loud B)

On another not the company who made my exhaust quoted me £280 for a front exit exhaust on my next car :( I was like wtf its only a tiny bit of pipe and a backbox, oh well

Oh and I will get your Rolla mani off on the weekend hopefully dude, this poxy weather B)

£90 for my front exit! :p

mine makes the same noise at high revs, like you say about 5k or so. think its just the set up as i have a 'rolla mani and it didnt make this noise before i fitted it, also when im doing over a certain revs if i lightly press the throttle, wen it sucks it sounds bit like a turbo whistling :D i love it :)

Miine does this too!

It sounds like a turbo whistle!

Love it!

LOL.... my 4E-FE sounds like a normal 1.3 16v engine with 80hp.

You lot who think you can hear "VTEC" clearly aint been in a DC2 or EK9 to hear the pitch difference change dramaticly

It was a joke you bellend

just a noise that didn't sound right, and there IS a change in the sound which is why I thought something was wrong

Chill guys :)

You want to try planting a 5E with a full system and exhaust manifold such as the obx, then you'd really have a mini vtec effect on your hands :p

Power actually kicks in properly after a certain rev range.

Ask cheezeitthedog :D

Steady now ^^

Its got alot to do with the filter aswell...i fitted one to ricks we didn`t notice anything hmmm mabe thats because were to busy talking while chasing batman? (shit ridden cone filter) Hes getting a trd panel now so should get a decent growl from it :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3cIeQ0ET64U

I can't watch it in work but there is a point you hear VTEC.

My bro stuck a filter on the rolla I used as a run about and I can tell you now at no point in the revs does it change pitch LOL

If I had a video camera I'd record it, there is an easily noticable slight change in the sound, the reason I posted in the first place is because I thought something was wrong with the engine.

As for the air filter, I doubt you'd hear much with a different panel filter in the airbox, but my setup is a bit of 76mm diameter pipe and it is quite loud sometimes.

Think love was referring to what i had said?.....most people agree? that stock air box + uprated panel filter = win for an N/A i do anyway...dont know how id cope with the fuel bill if i had induction kit when i occasionally get gas happy :)