What should I do?

Evenin' all!

I've decided to keep my little SR, after driving a few newish 'hotter' hatches I can't really believe it but I think the Starlet feels more lively and fun to hustle about....

It's cheap to run and insure, so I figure with the current financial climate I could do alot worse than keep the Starlet.

Some of you may know I've done a few things, Glanza lights and interior, arm rest and footwell box, HKS induction kit and had my wheels powder coated.

I've got a Whiteline rear ARB and castor kit down in the garage ready to go on and so far that's it.

The question is what direction do I go with it?

A) Full Glanza body conversion and an exterior tart up.

;) TRD quickshift (is it really any good?) and 3G discs and braided lines.

C) Any other suggestions?

Next year I am going to look out for a 5EFE to refresh and drop in and when I Can find one, a Bride seat to fit.

What do you lot think?

Thanks for your help people, as always!

Tom ;)

With the mods you got down the garage you will love the little EP even more!!

IMO keep the SR original, the best way for them, take JAG's for example ;)

TRD quickshift are very good wish I didnt sell mine, also had that brake set up was very good!!

Theres loads you can do mate all down to personal preference ;)

Yes Sr's should stay SR's. Idrees' being the only exception ;). The only thing i would change is adding a Glanza bumper to the back to give the car a better bum. The standard n/a one has no depth to it and is a bit feable in my opinion. Im often persuaded to do a Glanza front end but im refusing to keep the SR looking like an SR. Plus i like the TTE spoiler too much to get rid ;).

Bourkey

It's silver, well a bluey silver. It's got anthracite Speedlines already done and a full Glanza interior. I've fitted front and side clear indicators and rear late spec Glanza lights. Aswel as all the usual steering wheel, gear knob ect ect.

HKS induction kit and a front Tannabe strut brace, along with some new bolts and a few powder coated brackets to clean it all up a bit.

Oh and an Idrees C/F interior kit ;)

So once the rear ARB and anti lift kit are fitted I gotta move onto the next stage!

Thanks for your ideas everyone, keep them coming!!!

Tom

Definentley keep the SR looking like a SR. As Bourks suggested a glanza rear bumper will transform your rear end.

A corrola inlet mani will give the car more poke. Will set u back £30 - 40. well worth it. And advancing your egnition timing will give you that little extra ontop of that. FREE MOD.

Hmmmmm I didn't think about an exhaust manifold ;)

Eventually I'll do something a bit more permanant with the HKS mushroom filter, re-locate it down the front or make an alloy enclosure for it maybe.... De-cat is another idea, not sure how easy that would be, I'll have to have a look underneath later!

Anyway, here's a couple of shit pictures, I don't have anything better on here at the moment...

22122008612.jpg

22122008613.jpg

22122008614.jpg

I hop this works! ;)

looks really nice bud, im liking that!

the boot really looks nice, i like the layout, especially as your spare is a speedline aswell.

get some gunmetal and black SR decals made up and it would look lush!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It's nice to have something that's appreciated!

The body has the usual car park dents and a few light spots of rust so depending on price I'm considering getting the bonnet de-badged, the bump strips re-moved and the rough areas sorted out. I'm on the look out for a Laguna splitter and a new rear wiper arm to tidy things up too.

I like the idea of the blue based SR graphics too, does anyone know of a template that's available? Or some sort of download that I could get copied? If not, I might have to get some sort of graphics wiz to have a look.

I'm on the constant look out for a Bride seat too with a 4 point harness, out of interest where do you secure a harness in a Starlet?

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It's nice to have something that's appreciated!

The body has the usual car park dents and a few light spots of rust so depending on price I'm considering getting the bonnet de-badged, the bump strips re-moved and the rough areas sorted out. I'm on the look out for a Laguna splitter and a new rear wiper arm to tidy things up too.

I like the idea of the blue based SR graphics too, does anyone know of a template that's available? Or some sort of download that I could get copied? If not, I might have to get some sort of graphics wiz to have a look.

I'm on the constant look out for a Bride seat too with a 4 point harness, out of interest where do you secure a harness in a Starlet?

I've secured my 4point harness to the rear seatbelt bolts. Like so:

Photo0019.jpg

Photo0017.jpg

Photo0016.jpg

Pretty shit pics; but you get the idea! lol

If you haven't experienced the difference between the standard and corolla inlet mani's then you will be nicely surprised when you get one, it's an awesome difference.

And you're right about Starlets feeling more lively than some other cars - I was driving a Renault Clio the other day, 4th gear, little blip on the throttle, and NOTHING. Doing the same thing on the Starlet afterwards, instant response and it felt like it just wanted to go.

hey mate ive been thinkin quite heavily about making my glanza an sr replica too, ive already got the speedies,

have you seen the 4x4 suv front bumper? its very smart and something worth thinking about,

if i were you a four branch corrolla inlet manifold and some advance in timing would be my next mods, the inlet manifold transforms the charicteristics of the engine ;)