starlet vs r5 gtturbo witch one is quicker!?

lol.. id put my pay cheque on it that a r5 will get slaughterd by a starbo no problem...

also we know what the little 4efte engines are and what they can do..

and we definately dont need you commin in here with your big gay spoon :)

atleast our cars are reliable and didnt break down every five minutes

^^^^^legend well said

Raced a R5 on a dual carriage way when i first got my starbo

apart from a filter and a dumpvalve it was standard

side by side with the R5 till i hit the 115mph restrictor

20 seconds later BANG!!! bye bye engine stuck on the side of the road 4 ages while my good old Starlet didn't even break a sweat

o and a little quote to the Honda Driver "Starlet Turbo...Honda killers" well known saying that haha

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. i do know that wullie christ :) lads on here get them 250.. and dont seem to have problems, lads with bigger dont have problems?

fair dooz if someone says yes i have a 250+ starlet and it breaks all the time then ill believe it.

r5 ftl...

I have and my mate will tell you first hand i beat him down the road :D names ali... its beautiful he didnt keep with me on long drive once :p

im not talking piss wullie i just know that starlets about here are now runing far more power than a while back.. more things have become available.. 250bhp in a starlets is average joe now.. :)

lol well i beat him and he will tell you mate, was surprised my self with the bumin and hawin you told me about them..

ek9 type r , shit you not :) - he was gutted its standard but has the same exhaust as mines :D

No problemo mate.. ill pop round tonight see if hes in (lives round at chris's house)

ITS BEAUTIFUL!!! just a fresh paint job on it... i would trade the V for it lol (no i wouldnt i love my car)

and no im sure of it.. he was the one that went for it.. i knew it was him because he had the trade plates on the car lolol!

Well, I still stick with my decision that I think the Starlet would struggle.

Only one way to get the truth, and thats for him to race his mate and post up the video!

But as said already, this all depends on spec of both cars and drivers.

deserves to get put in the bin this post does

renault 5 would get minced, just like any french car they all deserve to die(coming from a peugeot owner)

end of... rant over

This whole thread makes me lol.

On paper the R5 loses in terms of 0-60, 1/4 time BUT if you look at the original post all the bloke says is that his mate bought an R5 GTT and wants to race his Micra, err, I mean Glanza. For all we know hes running 200+hp and would rape the Starlet! We need more info y0!

deserves to get put in the bin this post does

renault 5 would get minced, just like any french car they all deserve to die(coming from a peugeot owner)

end of... rant over

You my friend, are a nob.

Just because the R5 is a french car, it doesn't mean it cannot beat a Starlet because it's french.

God people speak some shit. Thats like saying a 1.1 fiesta would beat a 106gti just because the gti is French and would break!!

Frikken nob heads.

impo r5s can be pretty rapid

there only known for bad head gaskets as stock cars is only good for low psi, so people push boost up and let it melt lol

theres a black r5 round here thats been done properly

running close to 250bhp owner recons and it look like it from spec list

depends on spec

like sayin would my glanza beat his glanza

cant comment without specs lol

You my friend, are a nob.

Just because the R5 is a french car, it doesn't mean it cannot beat a Starlet because it's french.

God people speak some shit. Thats like saying a 1.1 fiesta would beat a 106gti just because the gti is French and would break!!

Frikken nob heads.

lol its cal, what do you expect from him, he knows shit.

not worth getting yourself worked up about about... :lol:

R5 out the factory are nothing amazing but as people have said once midly fiddled with they can be very quick, they are famous for this! stock glanza's are slow as fuck tbh so not sure why people are so set in there minds that nothing can beat there glanza.. people need to be abit more opened minded about other cars out there!

:)

Couldn't of put it better myself!

but coming from me whos owned a french piece of shit for the last 11 months i think i can say what i want about french cars...theyre utter shite, Name 1 good reliable turbo french car, or infact any french car!!!

spent £1300 in total on my 306, and its been on the road 3 weeks out of 9 months of driving, mates r5s a shed just like all of them, clios have gay gearboxes, lagunas have paper cambelts, 106s have shit gearboxes too and saxos, 206s are poor quality too and all torsion beamed pugs seem to have nackered rear beam bearings so the wheels camber negative, also dont forget about the interior trim, undo 14 torx screws, pull the trim out and it cracks in 2...nice

only good french car i recon is a 205 gti 1.9 or a 405 mi16, im glad r5's are nearly all dead

starlet FTMFW!!!

lol its cal, what do you expect from him, he knows shit.

not worth getting yourself worked up about about... :lol:

Lol fish i think you should shhhhh you dont know Cal... so saying he dont know fuck all is just pointless imo.

he may talk shit sometimes but the boy knows cars.

so imo.. sit comfy in your little chair and STFU...

as for french cars they are very unreliable and do break.. me as a pug owner ALSO had to repair my quickie EVERY month with something new...

be it a break pad to cv joint to electronics to alternator belts what ever you needed to repair.. and a car like the r5 at its age.. and 99% ragged out there TITS will probably be cunted... the only high powerd ones will be the lads who have the cash to make them BIG power..

dont know if you know well of renaults history of there turbo'd cars.. but all = FAIL

so please save it :)