starlet vs r5 gtturbo witch one is quicker!?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha no way mate, depends if his has got about 4grand chucked on da engine n yours is standard lol, i raced one of these in telford and that was fully loaded, but he couldnt keep up.

it depends on the driver aswell really.

after all, its a renault, they need a elastic band winding to make them go lol

had a clio 182bhp power one race me he pulled out i was toped out with the speed limiter and he just slowed down and pulled back in lol. and thats when my car was pooped.

also had a pug 205 gti race me and i beat that as well.

R5's Were a wild hot hatch back in the day.. times getting on and being french the puff begins to die sadly... :) i like the R5 my self.. mate of mine had a lovely one..

A well Kept + tuned r5 would give it some but it wont win the starlet maintains its power no matter how old.. few cheeky mods.. exhaust , filter, fmi.. boost up a shaddy willl shag the life out of an r5... you wont see many r5's about at all above 150bhp... the car cant handle the power and more or likely will poop something out :thumbsup:

glanza for the wins all the way,, i used to own a r5turbo didnt have it for long thou due to it always going wrong and me spending an absolute fortune on it lol but its not even in the same league as my glanza performance wise, but dont get me wrong the r5 is still a real fast car for its day :thumbsup:

In this day and age, the R5 is a classic car in its own way, it won't be able to keep up with a 4EFTE, my mate had trouble losing me in his R5 against my 5EFE starlet...

lol that's actually quite funny

Renault 5 turbo couldn't get away from a 5E Starlet...

they only break if the owners dont look afto them.theres alot of young lads who think they can turn the boost up.and wahey. bang goes the engine.having owned 2 myself. there brilliant cars. id say personally more fun then the starlet. and dont forgot theres a thew of them doing the 1/4mile in 11's.which no starlet hasnt done yet in the uk.

Fuck it! Go out there and show him! :)

I will be suprised if he turns up tho tbh because he will be lucky to get it off his drive without it breakin/falling apart :o:thumbsup:

In this day and age, the R5 is a classic car in its own way, it won't be able to keep up with a 4EFTE, my mate had trouble losing me in his R5 against my 5EFE starlet...

Thats brilliant, it means if i take my passenger seat out (basically reduces the Paseo to the same weight as the starlet) then I will be watching a small spec of an R5T in my Paseos rear view mirror :thumbsup:

Standard vs standard you should cream him over 1/4mile.

However I raced a few down the pod with my Starlet, about 140bhp and I was running low 15's and getting trounced by R5's running low 13's!! But these were far from standard!

I have had a few friends with very well maintained and looked after 5's and I know for a fact that a Glanza wouldn't of kept with either of them. They were quicker. No doubt about it.

If your mate is a shit driver, and his car is very low spec and runs like a bag of poop then yeah you would win. But I would be surprised if he didn't beat you personally.

IMO.

lol.. id put my pay cheque on it that a r5 will get slaughterd by a starbo no problem...

also we know what the little 4efte engines are and what they can do..

and we definately dont need you commin in here with your big gay spoon :)

atleast our cars are reliable and didnt break down every five minutes