Me and a few of my mates were thinking about taking a road trip down to the Nurburgring (Germany) this summer. Some are going on flat bed trucks when others are driving all the way!

Now a date has not been set yet, but im sure with enough interest i could get further details.

Is anyone game for joining us? Will be a long ass cruise, but a very exciting and enjoyable weeknend!

If you are interested then put your name down.

1.) Glanza 87 - Glanza

2.) Matty P - Golf GTI

3.) Hoi Chu - R33 Skyline

4.) Richard - S2000, Skyline, S15

5.) Si Chu - Evo 8

6.) Eddie - Race spec Prelude

7.)possibly Chicco - Glanza

• 1 year later...

I'm going this summer....on the way home from Italy (oh dear, have to cross the Stelvio pass to get there, what a shame!)...probably in my current cheap slow-ass MR2 though.

Anyone going needs to read every page of this site: http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

....and I personally wouldn't do it without:

1 - Harnesses.

2 - Full face helmets.

3 - Specific trackday or one-day insurance to specifically cover you (match it to the trackday or touristenfahrten/public-toll-road-day to ensure you're covered). One recent crash cost the guy E60,000 in recovery, repair and track closure fees. Also ignoring the track, imagine you lose it and write off the Ferrari next to you.....who's got the cash to cover that?!!! Let alone if you have to pay for injuring someone.

4 - ADAC...recovery company (I think that'll take you home if you crash but check that)...the AA etc won't touch you.

Note, if a running video camera or stopwatch (or footage on a phone) is found in your car after a crash you will be classed as having been racing by the German police - DON'T time yourself.

Note 2 - UK insurance companies are now countersuing customers where the 'Ring has made them pay up, so either way in 99% of cases your UK insurance isn't worth a bean if it goes wrong.

Note 3 - They are clamping down in stripped interiors, esp jagged inner-doors with no door cards.

Read the start date noobs

was going to say this was 18 months ago and nothing ever came out of it though haha

but i still think its an awesome idea and we should do it say next summer or something :)

• 1 month later...