Looks really clean and classy

IMHO its too low tho, but hey thats only my 2p!

I had a vtr engine in my old pug, get a glanza mate, I garantee you wont regret it the first time you hit boost.

Oz

:edit:

by the way, my vtr (mk1 black rocker top) engine was tuned to 110bhp and about 140lbs of torque, so (standard) vts/gtis never had a look in.

VTR<4efte :)

cool what mod's you do to it for the extra bhp? mine's 98bhp but thats standard for the 02 plate vtr's ;)

lol saxos

ermmm ok :harhar:

nice saxo...and its not chavish :)

thanx Armand :) a saxo thats not chavish, i must be one of a kind ay mate lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool what mod's you do to it for the extra bhp? mine's 98bhp but thats standard for the 02 plate vtr's :harhar:

Had a straight thru decat'd powerflow exhaust made, cant remember the core tho.

BMC induction kit with modified cold air feed, and remapped. Think I have a pic of the induction kit somewhere! Was considering a new mani and headwork. That should of put it in the 120ish mark as apparently the heads are quite restrictive, as are the manifolds.

Love the Glanza tho, I think the only thing I miss of the pug was the stereo! Had focal components front and focal coax's in the rear, with focal sub and amps.

Oz

Thats a tidy Saxo mate, nice one for keeping it like that. :)

cheers matey. :)

Dont spend anymore money on it, thought you joined up as your looking into a V :harhar:

decisions decisions lol na i prob will get a v, just wanna find out more about them before i make final decision :)

my mates gt limited was wrote off yesterday by someone who owned a saxo, sold his saxo then £2300 later bought a MINT gt limited, 3 hours later wrote it off....

that isnt that slammed.... 120mm is slammed

other than that nice car

my mates gt limited was wrote off yesterday by someone who owned a saxo, sold his saxo then £2300 later bought a MINT gt limited, 3 hours later wrote it off....

other than that nice car

Why is everything a "who's got the biggest" contest with you?

bellend

and anyway, cars that are too low look crap IMO, if the tyres disappear under the arches then it's too low and looks silly

but on the other hand, I hate saxos too

Be a man n get a GT! :)

lol ok. infact i've been hevaly preswaded to just get an S conversion in my car now, so looks like the glanza idea could not happen.

other than that nice car

sory to hear that bud, what a woonder.

id love to go lower but it would start to get very impractical and like ste say's look bit silly.

thanx matey :)

Why is everything a "who's got the biggest" contest with you?

bellend

and anyway, cars that are too low look crap IMO, if the tyres disappear under the arches then it's too low and looks silly

but on the other hand, I hate saxos too

lol i kinda guessed you wernt a saxo fan. u love them realy deep down lol remember theres a thin line between love and hate lol :(

guy's what is the 0-60 on a glanza v and are they all 1.3 turbo's?

im kinda confused as the other day was with the gf in her car and a black glanza v was rite up her arse, so she moved over into slow lane but acelarated to as she don't know about these lil pocket rockets and thought it was just some chav car, i warnd her but she put her foot down and so did they and she was a head by about a car's lengh, she drive's a seat ibiza 1.4 16v sport, she then turned n said to me what you want one off them for (just like to add it wasn't the nicest example of a starlet) i was confused as my car pisses all over her's and i thought glanza's were quicker than vtr's, was it just a glanza replica or are they just only quick 0-60 n after that not so good?

and before we get all the racing on the roads is for chav stuff it was my gf driving and she never dose that sort of thing but was anoyed by them driving dangerously close and the motor way was clear a head look prity safe to av a lil head to head with this car. :(

lol i kinda guessed you wernt a saxo fan. u love them realy deep down lol remember theres a thin line between love and hate lol :)

guy's what is the 0-60 on a glanza v and are they all 1.3 turbo's?

im kinda confused as the other day was with the gf in her car and a black glanza v was rite up her arse, so she moved over into slow lane but acelarated to as she don't know about these lil pocket rockets and thought it was just some chav car, i warnd her but she put her foot down and so did they and she was a head by about a car's lengh, she drive's a seat ibiza 1.4 16v sport, she then turned n said to me what you want one off them for (just like to add it wasn't the nicest example of a starlet) i was confused as my car pisses all over her's and i thought glanza's were quicker than vtr's, was it just a glanza replica or are they just only quick 0-60 n after that not so good?

and before we get all the racing on the roads is for chav stuff it was my gf driving and she never dose that sort of thing but was anoyed by them driving dangerously close and the motor way was clear a head look prity safe to av a lil head to head with this car. :)

lol atleast you can have a laugh about it mate :(

As for that "Glanza" you encountered, it could have been a rep but it sounds to me like they weren't even trying.

Depending on the year of the Seat Ibiza, even a non turbo Starlet would beat or keep up with it.

And the same for VTR's, a some slightly modded non turbo Starlets have been known to keep up with or beat VTR's... (Probably depends on the year of the VTR though because I think they gained an extra 10 bhp on the facelift model?).

I can't remember the exact 0-60 time for the Glanza but it's somewhere around 7 seconds.

I've been a passenger in a standard Starlet GT and it was good fun, it EASILY got up to about 110mph, absolutely effortless.

But didn't go much faster because we'd had snow/bad weather.

lol atleast you can have a laugh about it mate :)

As for that "Glanza" you encountered, it could have been a rep but it sounds to me like they weren't even trying.

Depending on the year of the Seat Ibiza, even a non turbo Starlet would beat or keep up with it.

And the same for VTR's, a some slightly modded non turbo Starlets have been known to keep up with or beat VTR's... (Probably depends on the year of the VTR though because I think they gained an extra 10 bhp on the facelift model?).

I can't remember the exact 0-60 time for the Glanza but it's somewhere around 7 seconds.

I've been a passenger in a standard Starlet GT and it was good fun, it EASILY got up to about 110mph, absolutely effortless.

But didn't go much faster because we'd had snow/bad weather.

ok great cheers mate :) think theres must have been a replica but then again they had three of them in the car. my gf's seat is a year old now. so gues the new ness of her car and the weight in theres prob evend it out a lil.

what do you drive? :(

Here's my car: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....12051&st=50 need to do an update though... haven't done for ages

If the Glanza you saw was a replica and 3 people were in it that would be why it was crap lol, there's a definate difference when you've got passengers in the back.

One of the Starlet's good points is the weight... or should I say lack of weight. :)

The 4EFE (non turbo engine) isn't exactly the torqueist engine in the world but it loves the revs, great fun to drive.

The GT/Glanza is a completely different animal though, and of course turbos are much easier to get more power out of, if you've got the cash you can go for an easy 180bhp with bolt-ons, (exhaust/decat/FMIC/air filter/etc...) and keep the standard internals/turbo/injectors.

Good luck with finding a decent Glanza, I hate Saxos but as others have said yours doesn't look too bad, no silly body kit or rediculous paintjobs. :(

I can assure you that you'll love it when you find yourself a nice Glanza. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Here's my car: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....12051&st=50 need to do an update though... haven't done for ages

If the Glanza you saw was a replica and 3 people were in it that would be why it was crap lol, there's a definate difference when you've got passengers in the back.

One of the Starlet's good points is the weight... or should I say lack of weight.

The 4EFE (non turbo engine) isn't exactly the torqueist engine in the world but it loves the revs, great fun to drive.

The GT/Glanza is a completely different animal though, and of course turbos are much easier to get more power out of, if you've got the cash you can go for an easy 180bhp with bolt-ons, (exhaust/decat/FMIC/air filter/etc...) and keep the standard internals/turbo/injectors.

Good luck with finding a decent Glanza, I hate Saxos but as others have said yours doesn't look too bad, no silly body kit or rediculous paintjobs.

I can assure you that you'll love it when you find yourself a nice Glanza.

cheers bud :)

Mate, read my posts.

Last car = tuned VTR

new car = Glanza V (with breathing mods)

Aboslutely no competition. None. Zero. Zip. etc

Oz

will do thanx matey

Thats a very smart Saxo mate, credit to you for keeping it clean

Al.

cheers al that allways nice to hear :p

you werent in moortown in leeds around 9.30ish were you? i seen a saxo exactly like yours i thought it was my mate at first but it had VTR alloys on and looked identical to yours.

nah matey defo not me lol

Nice car good luck with the sale

thanx kara, i actually think im keeping it for abit again now it's just runnig so well and i've kinda fell back in love with it lol some times better the devil you know enit lol were see :)

Why haven't you got one then? :p

lol

Looking clean bud, that bay is spotless!

Wanna pop down and make my engine bay look like that? :)

lol cheers lads im gunna spray my rocker cover next week and get a red strut brace on there. then when i get my 4-2-1 manifold should start to look a lil nicer under the hood, i was gunna get a bcm cda induction kit but read alot about how they don't make much of a difference so may just get a replacment panel filter now :)