Wouldn`t go over 90......

if you can get 60+ out of a starlet in 2nd your a lucky man, or just waiting for your gearbox to blow clean up, it must be absolutely screaming, in my old n/a it would touch 60 in second if i was on my own but it felt like death and wasnt really pulling, think about 55 i found was best to change to keeo the power flowing into 3rd.

I kinda agree....3rd is where it really takes off but its hard to progress over 70ish when in 4 it does really do anything bar knock down the revs but in 5th while doing 60 its a matter of seconds when you hit 70-80, keeping it in second is just abuse imo

I've generally found that if I'm giving the N/A a bit of poke, changing from second to third at around 50/55 does the trick nicely. It's funny how us N/A lads have to listen to the engine and look at the speed to know when to shift.

Not like you turbo lads, with your fancy rev counters. Oh wait, SR's had rev counters. I hate you.

I've generally found that if I'm giving the N/A a bit of poke, changing from second to third at around 50/55 does the trick nicely. It's funny how us N/A lads have to listen to the engine and look at the speed to know when to shift.

Not like you turbo lads, with your fancy rev counters. Oh wait, SR's had rev counters. I hate you.

Not that I ever ragg my car around, but 5,000 plus certainly does deliver best power. I agree 50/55 in second, then into 3rd on a very cold night does sound sweeet! :D

No need to strain the car to 60mph. You'd be better changin gear than wasting time trying to hit 60.

It's not hard, yes the engine is revving like fuck but it's not struggling or anything.

Although I can't see it working well with the standard airbox, the standard piping is too restrictive IMO.

rev meters are for gheys :D

haha, on a serious note it must have been that specific scenario as to why you only got 90mph, the wind and added weight.

My 206 used to get nailed my mates saxo (saxo's are ghey) they had the same power output but the saxo was lighter :D

Mitch

2nd/3rd gear acceleration is where it's at!

On another note, I've heard of some people beating VTR's in lightly modded N/A Starlets, can anyone verify this?

Sounds a bit mad a 1.3 beating a 1.6, even if it is by a fraction of an inch...

According to Evo Mag

Saxo VTR 1.6

Bhp/Rpm - 100/5700

Weight - 920kg

Bhp/Ton - 99

0 TO 60 - 9.3

Top Speed - 116

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saxo VTR

Bhp/Rpm - 120/6600

Weight - 935

Bhp/Ton - 130

0 TO 60 - 7.6

Top Speed - 127

What u guys reckon can a starlet beat these two?