Pointless Threads!

Thanks Joz!!

I thought montanajr was one of the more mature members on the site as he has been on here for as long as i can remember

Looks like i was wrong!

He is mate :thumbsup: looks like you just got the wrong idea of him. Peace out yO!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually thought that "what time to get up thread" was a very clever way of pointing out the amount of useless threads appearing these days and im surprised you couldnt comprehend it for what it was...but apart from that i really do agree with you !

I think the main issue with this thread is that you called UKSC a "cummunity".

Now your the one making this a pointless thread! How is that an issue??

If this thread was pointless then why have i just had a staff member thank me on msn for starting it? Told me tha it was about time someone said something!

bicker abit ladys(montana and muddyell) please stop, i also emplore your post montana it was usefull in highlighting

basicaly joz has summed up what is going on at the moment, we have been talking about this and thinking what to do, and like he said this is your comunity,

usualy we are bereft of rules but as the site is expanding and getting bigger problems are arising

you are the guys that log in every day so if you have any ideas or solutions to the problem please dont hesitate to contact any of the admin team

I also get fed up of pointless threads, i guess thats what makes forums revolve nowadays.

TGTT - from my experience is a great site even with trivial posts.

In general we can reduce this by comming to a conclusion before posting such time wasting threads. Keep it relevant - or as relevant as possible.

I agree with you muddyell that this issue needed to be raised and its not a pointless thread its a necessary feedback thread imo.

I've noticed and feel over the last few months that the forum has become slightly childish within a lot of its threads due to certain members attitudes, which is starting to annoy me.

I think its partly due to bloody txt spk and half the members thinking tc is/was so cool and everything is ubes seems like some people are just trying to be part of "the gang" like in primary school. :harhar:

If you need another member of staff to help Joz, I could wield a stick.:thumbsup:

Now your the one making this a pointless thread! How is that an issue??

If this thread was pointless then why have i just had a staff member thank me on msn for starting it? Told me tha it was about time someone said something!

lol ok.

The only solution to "pointless threads" is to moderate them. The mod has to decide for themselves when its OK to close a thread and we should be able to trust their judgement.

I don't see that many pointless threads tbh, just the odd one from Cal sometimes. I just thought it would be funny to poke fun as I noticed there were a few silly threads from Cal in the space of a few days...

Whats worse is sometimes (not very often!) people give others bad/dodgy advice...thats pretty annoying too!

We are not trying to single anyone out Asad, your effort to help at times is appreciated.

Just be more sure of what you are posting, the same goes for everyone.

We want uksc to be enjoyable and not a chore so lets all work together.

Ok guys at the end of the day were all on here to make new friends, meet people, get help with your starlets, get ideas etc..... I think you all need to lay off having ago at one another n start being civil.

If you have got a problem with someone try and sort it out, if you dont sort it, dont bother speakin to them... and please stop acting like little school girls in a playground bickering!!

were all on here for different reasons, if you have intensions of bein a NOB then stay off the site, stop ya bickering and slaggin off n grow up.

enjoy the site for good reasons, not bad ones!!

Hands up from me too.

Although i find myself being more critical in the Rides section nowadays, or posting eye candy in a specific thread (pic of the day).

I personally don't see the pic of the day thread as spam - as its a specific topic dedicated for people to see some nice pictures (now only of AE86's :thumbsup:) or posting pics they find that are nice.

I have noticed alot of Cal's posts are very typical now. Always on about what hes doing, and how others should do the same - being "critical" in the riders section and in almost every topic ive seen so far..

If you find a thread pointless, how about trying to refrain from posting/clicking on said thread?

I do agree, there seems to be a fair few pointless ones floating around recently. But then again this is the "General" part of the forum so you would expect some banter and pointless threads :thumbsup:

Maybe mods could lock/remove threads that are deemed pointless? Then send out a PM accordingly to the thread starter.

Just my thoughts

As above really. I like coming on the site, and come on here nearly every day of the week to chat to people.

I have noticed the pointless threads and posts, and although they are mainly from one person. There are a few others doing the same too.

As I already mentioned before, people seem to read a thread and rather than multi quote and answer all in one topic, they post like 4 different replies. Its just wasting posts and it is annoying to read.

Its good to chat to people, and learn about people and what their up to. But sometimes, it's too much having the same topic repeated 4 times. E.g Snow thread. We now have like 5 topics all about the snow. The first one was ok, but people should of just continued bantering in that one thread rather than starting others.

I come on every day of the week. Not all weekend as I am busy. But if you Admin team ever need any help, just give me a shout. I am always more than willing to help out.

But lets cut out the bickering now peoples. We have raised our concerns, and Enzo and Joz have noted them and assure us they will do their best to help out.

***Group hug***

Some very valid points have been raised above folks,there is no denying the rise in spam and generally pointless threads.

As Joz has stated, please try to refrain from LOL and ROFL posts, i know i was guilty of them in my time, but lets try to post RELEVANT worthwhile posts, not posting for the sake of posting.

Also, as the bossman and Joz have already stated, UKSC has a tradition of being a chilled out and relaxed forum, some of u will remember the old "Ikea-clad chill-out lounge" days, but as UKSC continues to grow and expand it does cause more moderation headaches for the staff, and u will have noticed this taking effect most recently in the form of the new template for selling items in the For Sale section. The admin team are not seeking to dictate to anyone, each member is as important as anyother and we want to make UKSC as enjoyable a forum for you to visit as any other, and you can all help us to achieve that by cutting down on the rubbish, the less rubbish that is posted then the less clutter there is for the admin team to have to clear out.

Thanks guys and gals,

Phil.

i never stated that YOU posted a LOL or ROFL post Callan, I simply stated that we are ALL guilty of it from time to time, im not gonna sit here and try to say im not because i KNOW i am. so in fairness alot of us should then be slated for it, no one was singling YOU out, calm down.

i have defended u and given u the benefit of the doubt for as long as I can remember, but u DID post a RANT thread the other nite when u'd had a few drinks that slagged off the vast majority of UKSC members.

Im not jumping on the bandwagon of cal haters, but clearly u are aware of how other members perceive u, hence your "why do i live" comment.

i have some honest, friendly advice for u. this is not coming from Phil The Moderator, just from the Phil u would meet if we went for a pint:

In future, before u post a response to a post, or start a new thread, STOP! and take a breath, and think to urself "What am I typing here? Am i ranting about sh*t? is my post constructive? will my choice of words offend any members of UKSC? should i perhaps rethink my post and only post if i have something mature and relevant to contribute to the conversation?"

Im sure that at heart your not a bad chap, u just need to learn to THINK before u post, or Geo will have no choice but to ban u PERMANENTLY from UKSC and that wont benfit u in any way now will it!

Phil.