Hi all,

In between many appointments at the doctors/hospitals i have just got a new ride. Craig's dad spotted it for sale at the side of the road and i went to look out of curiosity. Turned out to be an absolute minter so i bought it as soon as i could for a bargin at £1300. It is a Honda Civic Coupe EJ6. It has done 85k with full Honda service history as the guys son works for Honda. It's got 16" 100+ alloys and a full OEM lip kit :wub:. There are one or two tiny marks but apart from that it is mega clean. Mark and Craig spent an entire day cleaning it from top to bottom to get it to Bourkey standard :thumbsup:. I helped a little but they did most of the work.

I have a few plans in my head but im not driving for a good while due to my injurys so i have time to get ideas :lol:.

Here is a quick tease until i get some proper pictures.

DSCF2589.jpg

Bourkey

Hi all,

In between many appointments at the doctors/hospitals i have just got a new ride. Craig's dad spotted it for sale at the side of the road and i went to look out of curiosity. Turned out to be an absolute minter so i bought it as soon as i could for a bargin at £1300. It is a Honda Civic Coupe EJ6. It has done 85k with full Honda service history as the guys son works for Honda. It's got 16" 100+ alloys and a full OEM lip kit :wub:. There are one or two tiny marks but apart from that it is mega clean. Mark and Craig spent an entire day cleaning it from top to bottom to get it to Bourkey standard :thumbsup:. I helped a little but they did most of the work.

I have a few plans in my head but im not driving for a good while due to my injurys so i have time to get ideas :lol:.

Here is a quick tease until i get some proper pictures.

DSCF2589.jpg

Bourkey

nice car buddy is it the b16a2 you have there. its the facelift coupe isn,t it 99-01.

when you getting some pics up, you defo need rota gt3's in red for that and deck it

@ curtstarletsr - It's a 1998 D16y7 model but i've seen the face lift one and i like the front bumper but i'd have to get a front lip again so i don't know if i can be bothered :lol:.

@ Rickstar - Nope plans have changed since then. The idea at first was to save up for yonks and get an Integra but i saw this and couldn't resist at that price.

I've been looking for parts for it on the web and they are so cheap for these cars. Good quality stuff is half the price of Starlet stuff which really surprised me. Most is from USA but im not fussed as i have a good amount of time to wait for parts :thumbsup:.

Bourkey

Oh my that does look nice... :thumbsup:

Yup gotta agree seems to be ALOT of stuff around for the hondas compared to the starlets....you signed up on any of the sites yet?

P.s i demand more pictures!

I'll get more pictures when i can be bothered getting it out again :thumbsup:. It took me about 10min to move it ten yards into my yard steering with one hand :wub:. I was shattered.

Not joined any other forums yet. I've had a snoop about seeing other examples and some look awesome. It took me over 2 years to get my SR to that point so i am not going to rush anything :wub:. I've been looking at turbo kits already though :lol:.

Bourkey

I'll get more pictures when i can be bothered getting it out again :o. It took me about 10min to move it ten yards into my yard steering with one hand :wacko:. I was shattered.

Not joined any other forums yet. I've had a snoop about seeing other examples and some look awesome. It took me over 2 years to get my SR to that point so i am not going to rush anything ;). I've been looking at turbo kits already though :D.

Bourkey

chek out www.funkypower.co.uk i got alot of my honda stuff from there, they are really good and resonable prices

Im sorry....does that say "Toyota Coupe"???

No.

No, it clearly does not. Infact it says the complete opposite...it says.............ci......civi.......civic coupe.

Get. Out. Before I call security!

NAH i dont mean it really!!! full lip kit sounds nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnice my good man!!

lookin forward to seein some proper pics of this baby!

Phil.

;). Well we shall see what i decide about performance in a while. For now it's wheels and all the handling bits. I want it to look and handle really smart before i go emptying my wallet under the bonnet.

Any way here a some more pictures. Camera battery went dead so i couldn't take many.

DSCF2591.jpg

DSCF2592.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

I have the rear hub cap but it is being painted :wacko:.

Bourkey

@ Starletraje - Well the first engine mod is a Vtec head which takes it to 135bhp :D. Can do that when ever aswell as it's not like im driving her. I'll just get a mechanic to do it as im not what you would call strong right now. Even if i was at 200bhp you would still be faster than me though as i can't drive :o.

And yes im not a fan of the wheels. They are tidy and suit the car but they just aren't me at all. Got a few ideas but i just can't decide.

@ Newbe - Yeah you will see it at some point. I'll pop along to meets in it when i can drive :wacko:.

@ 5T4R7ET N/A - Yep i've already got a list of EK9 bits ;).

Bourkey

As much as i would like to i can't be bothered with another full engine swap. It was expensive to insure and it will be even more now i've lost my NCB. Im just going to get what i can out of the D series engine instead as not many in the UK do this. There are loads with mega power especially in the U.S. Im aiming for around 200-220bhp turbo which is fine on stock internals.

The engine is staying pretty much stock for a year anyway except the vtec head. Im going to perfect the handling and get it looking how i want :wacko:.

Bourkey

;). I do know what you mean as it would be mint to chuck a B series in there but like i said the insurance is stopping me. I can't get insured on it with the swap but they will insure me on a D series with a turbo. This is next year as well when i'll have 1 NCB. Or i could wait until the year after when im 25 and then i will get insured on it but i can't be bothered waiting that long for a faster car.

Im gutted about losing my NCB as i would have 3 years NCB now. Funnily enough the day i crash was the day my insurace started it's next year :wacko:. I thought i was uninsured when i came out of hospital but luckily there waas a fresh new certificate waiting there :o.

Bourkey

Looks like a tidy example. I personally prefer the EG - the shape before - I had a little 1.6vtec Jreg one before the first starlet. Atleats you haven't betrayed us and you've stayed jap!! :wacko: Good luck with it mate!

Well the bodywork is mint apart from a scrape on front lip. All the other tiny marks have come off now with a good t-cut and buff. It was super clean after it had been done yesterday. Now it has rained, d'oh. Im looking at lowering it then some decent wheels but that is 6 or 7 months down the line when i have healed more.

I like the EG shape but i like this shape more and with the EK9 bits on it it looks less dated in my opinion. And i would never buy anything other than jap. All i wanted was something bigger as im not very confident about getting behing the wheel of another little hatch after what happened. Plus most of my friends have european cars and they spend about the same i spent on the SR on them, but for fixing them.

Bourkey