Project Cost F*ck All....

Right then finally had a chance to get some pictures of my starlet now ive done majority of what I want to do to it on a tight budget.

It started off as a run around while I was doing my other project (rover 214 Turbo) but when I drove the starlet I wanted to modify that instead!

I went to Wakefield from Nottingham to pick up my newly won car from ebay £305 :blink:

This is what it looked like then.....

BTLgB2kKGrHgoH-D4EjlLlzw8BKHEOKm3OQ.jpg

BTL4NgmkKGrHgoH-DYEjlLl3iGJBKHEObsj.jpg

BTLptQmkKGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBKHEN0Up.jpg

BTLtQ2kKGrHgoH-EMEjlLluimHBKHENEUvw.jpg

as soon as I got it home I borrowed my mates alloys and my other mate gave me his lowering springs. These were fitted within the hour and already I was buzzing about the starlet.

As my mates were finishing the the last wheel I started to strip the interior and gutted it from all the seats, trims and belts in the rear.

Got on UKSC as soon as Id finished and found a guy on here selling a Decat pipe so I sent my mrs to birmingham to pick it up along with new manifold and standard cat.

Next day I found a jap can at my mates house and said would look nice on my starlet B) so he gave it me as was gonna chuck it out. Went straight down to my other mates and got the system all welded together and fitted it, its a bit noisy but I love it and the flames it spits are pretty cool ;)

DSCF2099.jpg

Few days later I was searching the good old Ebay for some bucket seats and couldnt believe my look when I found some Cobras in red and black with 30 mins left at £20 so I bid on them and they set me back £21 and went and fetched them as soon as Id won them!

Again my mates came to the aid and he had a blue 4 point Harness lying around and gave em that also, and then went to see an old friend at his garage he works at to source me another and as luck would have it he had a blue raceland harness lying around from his EVO so I was given that too :p Project was coming together!

Shot down to my mates the next day and he welded me some brackets for my seats and they went in a treat!

DSCF2092.jpg

Next I wanted to make the car look a little modified on the exterior but didnt ant to go the glanza route so I had a laguna splitter lying around in my garage along with a rover splitter and some side sills off an old car. Put the Laguna splitter on the back for a different look and the rover splitter on the front, Went and got a tin of primer and spray from the auto factors and sprayed my side sills up after chopping them to fit and set about fitting them to the rear of my sills on the car. Thought they looked a right treat!!

Got the glanza mud flaps off a mate too :thumbsup:

DSCF2086.jpg

DSCF2087.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

Few weeks went by without doing much to the car until I got bored with the interior, I took my door cards off and sprayed the middle wedge in red and covered the rest in black leather, removing the bottom tray as I didnt want that, there just there to collect rammle!!!

The door cards looked mint and was well impressed with the outcome!

DSCF2097.jpg

DSCF2094.jpg

My mrs bought me a TRD sunstrip and I fitted that with a bit of dificulty lol

DSCF2090.jpg

I then got a Boss kit off Idreez off here and had a Momo steering wheel off my mate to go with my Momo Gear knob!

DSCF2093.jpg

Next was the sound system! after listening to just the standard front speakers for a few weeks I decided I wanted to upgrade! My mate again had a set of Sony speakers for the front and a set of inphase 6x9s so I bodged them in the rear with cable ties!

This was looking gasg in the back so I decided to make a bootbuild. Made a false floor out of MDF and cut holes for the 6x9s and some I already had. Wired a 4 channel amp in and went and bought a 10" Sub and made a box in my spare wheel tray and fitted it to the false floor. I covered it in a very thin foam and then in the black leather like my door cards.

DSCF2095.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

Thats as far as Ive got with it now and not bad to say it was my runabout lol!

Final look as it stands.....

DSCF2082.jpg

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

DSCF2091.jpg

Big thanks to captain Starlet and Shorty Phil on here as they are the main source of my mods lol :D

Mods to come:

5efe engine

Stainless Exhaust headers

full stainless sytem cat back

glanza bonnet

glanza lights

modded bumper

Comments welcome good and bad.

Liam.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite impressed to be honest considering the budget and most mods were free ;)

Liking the laguna lip on the back apart from the gap and the shonky exhaust fitting :blink: Stainless system would sit lovely :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work

I always like reading threads like this, seein how a car started, and then the progress...

Im not keen on the Sunstrip being as, stand out as it is, and the rear splitter as its cut, but perhaps a plain splitter would look better? i do like the idea though!

The wheels sit really nice on the arches too!!

I like the wee sound system you've got aswell.. im into my sounds too.. got a little sound system in mine also!

Keep up the good work, i assume your continuing to mod the starlet now ?

CK

Looking great! Really like the look of that!

Not sure on the laguna lip on the rear, maybe without that the car would look alot better. I'm sure you will find something that fits nicer in time though! Liking the side spats, they look nice!

Cheers people :thumbsup: The rear has got some plans as of today when I went to work and found a bumper with something different on it. Amazing what you find on a building site lol

Also get my 5efe engine on friday :blink:

thort you were going 4efte???!!

dont get me wrong, would be good to see a tuned 5efe starlet, not many around nowadays.

So should have it in saturday. the other little trick mods to the engine will be done at end of the month when I get payed.

Looking forward to your plans for the engine :thumbsup:

Loving those doorcards too, nice car :blink:

Looking pretty sweet dudie!!! Still cant believe how good it looks to say you have spent like a quarter of the money i have on mine :thumbsup:

Let me know when you lot are dropping the 5E in, if im not doing ought i will pop down and give you a hand.

Door cards are cools!

What have you done with the rear interior? if youve still got it... may i buy it off you?

Mitch

Hi mitch sorry I ve got a new phone so lost your number in the swap. Ive got all of the interior still but one of the back panels has cracked in half due to a messy garage lol Let me know if your still interested. Cheers