Anyone Else as sick of the vxr people out there as I am!

All I ever here around my area is how wonderful they are, and that they wish they could afford them.

I also know a few people that have astras and all they ever speak of is the amazing XP kit, lol

Does anyone else know what im talking about? :thumbsup:

And the corsa vxr is realy slow for its claimed 197bhp or what ever it is!:wub:

rant over :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but the vxr is the only car after 2000 that i like

i think there brilliant looking and they are pretty quick

i agree with the corsa they are shite

but a lad down the roads got a vxr nurburgring edition and its absoulute monster

so i cant say id agree with you there mate lo

lol...

Not about the astras... and not heard much about the VXR, however my girls brother has a VXR, in red.. i aint seen it yet, but i do like them, however.. seems to be the new subaru kinda.. everyones got one / had one..

The corsa, i had a test drive in one of these with no intention of buyin, however it wasnt all that fast as others have already written..

There was a white one around my area, seen my car, and fancied his chances up a hill.. unfortunately for him, i pulled infront of him and into the lane i needed into.. he was defo going for it though as his car dropped a gear and went for it.. ( it never lasted long )

CK

I actually quite like both the Astra and the Corsa for looks wise! I don't know much about how quick they are, as I haven't been in one or drivin one. Although some dude in a Corsa tried to race my bloke in his Evo3 and made themselves look pretty stupid! :thumbsup:

But I agree with the 'everyone seems to have one' statement. Each Sunday theres a kinda gathering up our coast, and their must be about 6 Astra's and 2 Corsa's go up their from Norwich. And they all have this annoying thing, where they must drive really slow then when they see a group of people, slam it and make sure they boost past! We know you have a turbo you douche!! :wub:

And, is it me, or does everyone that owns one think they are really cool? Like its the most expensive car ever?? :thumbsup:

yoyo!!

I have to say before wantin a starbo i did have the CORSA VXR and I though it was the nuts!! lol :thumbsup:

I went form a 1.4 MG ZR to this thing with a turbo and fitted a dumpvalave and a pair of tights and I just thought the man to be honest and to me it did sound like a subaru.dummy.

Was some jump I have to say and I thought Its was okay considering its 192ps/ 189bhp standard - but on a corsa with a teency turbo...Plus I got one when it first came out...

Looking at the, pardon the language, fanny's that drive them now, I'm quite disappointed - they change too ealry or too late and look as though they struggle with torque steer etc etc.

Cracking car im my opinion, only because it was a corsa that could keep up scooby's and the like...but slighly over-rated...unless you look here:-

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Corsa_VXR-R.shtml

but i'd still have a starbo any day...well when I get one!! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the rant

well although i love starlets an incredibale amount id still say they'd struggle against a slightly modified vxr astra cause they are pretty quick

but well too much money for what they are lol

A friend of mine has an astra vxr, he bought it as he wanted a car faster than mine. when i had my old white one (210bhp) he soon realised he hadn't bought a faster car even when my manifold was cracked. i gave him a good head start too.

I dont rate them very highly as standard. but i went in one which was a round 300bhp and was on the cover of total vauxhall and that went very well and sounded mental.

true true peeps

i was young and immature :thumbsup: haha

the vxr-r's with FMIC and remaps, uprated geometry etc. are the business and would give some decent cars a run for their money.

Saying that though...I must ov had a monday corsa because i did in fact leave quite a few astras behind...may well be poor drviers or slipping clutch's!! haha :thumbsup: ... gotta love the modded ones though :wub::o

Bit of a silly thing going on about VXR's on a starlet website, alot of people will be biased, i've owned corsa turbo's before, and yeah, a starlet may be faster in some respects, but which will be the better all rounder??? The VXR's are designed to be fast, comfortable, civil and affordable cars, they do all those jobs very well. They are two totally different cars, and in capable hands, both can do some serious damage, but its not how much power a car puts out, or how well it handles, aslong as it does what you want it to, thats what a good car is, besides, my old corsa gsi used to kill glanzas so nerrrrrr :o:p:p:D

Damien

I do like the look of them but they are driven by Daddy's boys that really piss me off and think they are awsome.

I gave a Corsa a good go before mine was even mapped and it was tuned I think, deffo had a decat because it sounded nice!!

I bet a stage 1 GT would give a Astra a good go though I never had the chance to race one when mine was mapped!

Love the Artic Corsa or the Burg Astra though they sound wicked!!

I wouldn't go out and buy one myself either, but if someone gave me one I certainly wouldn't say no!

Lol, same situationg with alot of people, end of the day you're paying £16-21k for a corsa or an astra lol, regardless of its capabilities, they're still vauxhalls lol.

Damien

were i work everyone is vauxhall lovers and what a load of boring crap they are, they sound boring and they look boring as there are so many of the bloody things around, all i hear about all day is how great vauxhalls are and how shit glanzas or what they call MICRAs i swear if i have one more comment from them i will torch the shitty thing. i drove a astra vxr as my dad was going to buy one ad i wasn't impressed, you would expect it to go well for 240bhp but it didn't so he got a civic type r as that felt quicker. the astra is way to smooth i dont know what everyone else says but when you drive a turbo you expect it to give you a kick when it hits boost.