Been having a look at a few fmics, I'm thinking about the japspeed one off tm-dev. Which ones to people think are good quality and dont need too much cutting of bumpers lol.

I have a glanza v by the way. Seen this one on e-bay aswell: FMIC

Thanks, Joe

I don't actually have any experience with any intercoolers but from just looking around at them I'd go for the HDi one.

The JDM brands are silly expensive, the autobahn/japspeed ones have shitty long piping routes, the only "problem" I can see with the HDi one is the amount of cutting you need to do to the bumper.

Other than that you could make up a custom one but the HDI ones have a very good piping route and nice big core aswell and seem to be the best out of the "low budget" intercoolers.

edit

Forgot about WEPR but I haven't actually seen these ones, anyone got any pics?

obviously the ones like the blitz one are the best but there nearly a grand new. id highly reccoment the HDI one mate. im sure a lot of poeple will back me up. there easily assembled and do the job brilliantly. japspeed and autobahn ones are ok but cheaper and not as good. there not bad but id much rather pay that little bit extra for a HDI one bud

hope this helps

I really wouldnt go HDI, some peoples bumpers are super butchered to get em in. Im using autobahn which is basically same as japspeed, no complaints at all, didnt have to touch the front bumper at all. Ok the piping is long but, stopped my creep issues when i was running my ct9.

Yeah i see what you mean, i like my bumper thats all. Think i might go autobahn, but i'm not gonna order it for a week or so just to have a shop around.

Cheers. Oh and can a mod delete the other thread as i clicked twice, whoops lol

Joe

my front bumpers fine and i got a HDI. you can make them look nice and neat. all them saying bumpers were butchered then you wern't doing it right obv. cause theres nothing wrong with myn. i agree cutting is needed but only a nice oval shape where the fins in the bumper are lol deffo reccomend HDI lol

hdi mate , if you take your time and make up some different brackets the is hardly any cutting need to me done.

there is a crack in the splitter to the right hand side thats why the bottom of the bumper looks out of shape :D

IMG_0039.jpg

car004.jpg

That looks nice man! Will have to do some research, how much are hdi kits going for anyone know? Links?

@ Badassracer69 - The hdi doesnt look so bad on gt's but with glanza's it looks like there's more chopping needed. It's something i'll look into still.

Cheers

Joe

I would say HDi, defo a good intercooler with routing, performance - not much lag etc.

But bumper cutting is immense which i'm sure you'll have grasped.

Conclusion hands down for HDi.

Despite the issues I have had with the WEPR piping I'd personally still choose WEPR. You might need to buy a hot pipe from an HDi kit or similar though, but the quality of the piping is really a million miles ahead of the rest.

Right here's the problem I only have £300 at the moment so don't think ive got enough for either! :D

Got loads of outgoings next month so its either wait for a couple of months or go for something a bit cheaper and bite the bullett getting an autobahn or japspeed one.

Joe

not wanting to highjack but does somebody have a pic of a hdi intercooler with a 98spec bumper?

i have a japspeed at the moment but do not like the routing going up and above the manifold.

gonna fit a 98spec bumper soon but i am curious how much cutting a 98spec would need.

thanks!