Gauging Interest: Track Day 2010

Right guys, just seeing if I can drum up some interest on here, ideally want to keep it to toyota based forums if I do not get the numbers, it is already up on TOC

I have been looking into running a track day next year, something a bit more relaxed but still fun and came across this:

Hi Mark, Thanks for your interest & subsequent enquiry to which I hope we can be of assistance. Firstly there would be no problem whatsoever catering for a club trackday, which we can tailor to your requirements. We would normally work on a maximum of 30 cars, 35 at a squeeze, running 15 to 17 cars on track at any one time. For a club social day out, I would recommend the standard day format, of briefing, sighting laps, open pit lane through until lunchtime, one hour lunch, back on track for part of the afternoon, and then finishing off with a 10 minute qualifying session in a twin engined kart, and a 15 minute race. Included in the day would be bacon or sausage rolls with tea or coffee for breakfast, and a buffet lunch with chips etc at a total cost of £99.

We can run up to 105Db, and the day would be run in a relaxed manner.Let me know what your feelings are, and bear in mind we can run the day to your specific requirement should the standard format be of no interest.

There are a few options as to the layout of the track to get the right mix of corners and striaghts so that it evens out the playing field a little. It is at Teesside Autodrome (where they have some of the sprint series and used to have drifting)

6670fe0b27ea5721f77582ca9b3c15ff.jpg

I am thinking about doing it Mid May (working around my rugby season) and so the weather might be ok.

So to summarise, a track day, with food inc and a high Db limit, PLUS karting all for 99 of your finest english (or scottish welsh or irish) pounds!

And then after a trip to a local take away for a Parmo!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good good, glad to see there someone interested, nothingis in stone yet and I will make it so that all payments are made direct to the company running it so people have a bit more security :(

Will start opening it up to more forums if numbers struggle, i.e tgtt, mr2 clubs etc

Dam thats a good price! very interested, will all depend on time of year and if i have the buggy built! You looking at some time in Summer??? if so then i will more than likely be able to make it :(

If you go on youtube and type in Teesside autodrome there are a few good karting and car vids

I have been to this track a few times to watch drifting (I miss it so much :( )

haha fuck going on a track when project deathwish is out there lmao

that things going to be doing ten second laps lmao

LOL Won't be anywhere near full power by then, will be relatively standard engine. Although to be honest that will still be stupidly rapid. Will be keeping to a slow pace if i do come along as i want to test the car and get everything fine tuned.

Although i do want to see if i can snap the driveshafts :p or should i say 'TEST' them :p

Plus i can do passenger rides :( All depends on timing though, if its over summer then it might be feasable!!!!

Jason :p

Well I have a say in the track so I will make it full of corners so you cannot use your power MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

In all honesty though I think I might see if we can have a morning with a long back straight to get the powerful cars going for it, then in the afternoon stick in a couple of extra corners to keep it fresh and give the slower but better handling cars a chance :(

Well I have a say in the track so I will make it full of corners so you cannot use your power MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

In all honesty though I think I might see if we can have a morning with a long back straight to get the powerful cars going for it, then in the afternoon stick in a couple of extra corners to keep it fresh and give the slower but better handling cars a chance :p

Either way i win!!! car will handle on rails !!! :p:(:p

Any rough idea what time of year your looking at?

Jason :p

As said on the first post mid may :p:p

damn, errr errrr ok you will own us all, but I get first passenger ride for organising it :p

Sorry didn't see the mid may part :(

Its a yes from me at the moment then :p Although i will confirm when we have further details. I will have to arrange a hotel, van etc as i will be coming all the way from Southampton :p

You can have first passenger ride, although if you shit yourself your cleaning the seat! :p

Jason

I wont shit myself but I might have to clean up the sex wee :(

Good to hear it Jason, Southampton is a bit of a trek, there are a few interested that might be coming from a distance and we are looking into places to stay including camping for a cheeky bit of drinking and having a laugh

I wont shit myself but I might have to clean up the sex wee :p

Good to hear it Jason, Southampton is a bit of a trek, there are a few interested that might be coming from a distance and we are looking into places to stay including camping for a cheeky bit of drinking and having a laugh

Seats are white so hides the sex wee stains LOL

Camping would be good as i want to keep an eye on the buggy as i don't want people nicking it.

This is starting to sound like a great couple of days, i know of several people my way that would be very interested in this! :(

Jason

i can see more than 30 poeple on this forum alone coming bud so no need to organise on other forums yet

il come all the way down just to see project deathwish out been following every update i love that car lol and i will actually sell my body to 10 huge gay bodybuilding cock sucking blokes just to get a ride in PDW haha

damm good idea Hou count me very much in

Apparently you can also camp there for a fiver if we get 30 people camping!

Only problem is i would be looking for a hotel/camping the night before then after the track day as i don't really want to travel much on the day of the track event :(

Up for this defo il put my name down i need as much track practise as i can next year as im building my car for the toyota sprint series to either enter next year or the year after. If you are going to make a list put me down :(

same here we should pencil it in for the start of may before the season kicks off,

say the tenth. im sure loads of people would be into it due to its central like location and time of year,

looks like a well suited track to the v and look heavy on the breaks.

count me in im there.

Sweet well Ill try and catch up with you all at JAE and we'll talk about it some more :(

At this rate Ill be running a starlet only one!

Weekend of the 8th 9th May 2010 is looking a good date then

• 4 weeks later...