1997 [6P3] Green 1.3 Sportif 5dr

Yeah mate the only reason I kept it black is because on a sportif, the wing mirrors and doorhandles are black, the front splitter'll be black, the grille will be black, and the tinted windows and wheels would be black, so the overall theme would be dark green and black, which go well together IMO.

Shafz.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks really nice man :)

your cars cleannn, i have to clean mine now ;)

i just removed the stuff that get left behind when you take off the 'bump strips' :o

i bet the sub sounds gooood. wen i had my sub, i would drive the car with any excuse to listen to my sub :D

rims, and lower is now your next thing to do

Anup

Yeah I'm driving around now pointlessly just banging out tunes, or finding excuses to drive places, even to the local off license around the corner! The subs pretty good, my boot doesnt close flush on the right hand side because of it though. Yeah I'm gonna lower it and do wheels soonish but my aim now is to cut the grille like Amjad786 has and black honeycomb mesh it with a TTE badge, and cupraR splitter. Then it'll go rear bumper respray, exhaust, rims, lowering, tints are definitely happening in april though.

Shafz.

Haha the front of my cars gonna be basically the same as yours, except I'm honeycomb meshing the grille, not sure what you're doing?

And what size are the square plates on yours? Mine has my sisters private plate on it atm as its being retained after her accident, so when I get my plates back I want square ones.

Shafz.

Lol yeah I've wanted to mesh the grille for a while now but I've been putting it off because I'll need spray, so I thought I'd wait and buy a load of it so I can restore the exterior plastics while I'm at it! ;)

12"x6" is perfect for N/A bumpers :)

I bought some of that golf GTI/Kamei style honeycomb black mesh off eBay for £12 excluding P&P so I'm gonna use that. Yours is looking perfect though, one of the best looking N/As out there (non converted).

Shafz.

• 2 months later...
I bought some of that golf GTI/Kamei style honeycomb black mesh off eBay for £12 excluding P&P so I'm gonna use that. Yours is looking perfect though, one of the best looking N/As out there (non converted).

Shafz.

Thanks man I really appreciate it!

I'm in two minds about doing the Glanza/Remix front though, my front bumper is looking quite tatty and scuffed at the moment :p

I've got a grille sprayed and ready to go on, I tried fitting it the other day but the adhesive I was using was sh*t lol. I think I'll just wait until it goes in the bodyshop for the Glanza Rear to be sprayed and I'll ask them to fit it!

P.S. get some pics up! :p

Ain't tinting the rear window yet, Mum still uses it and isn't exactly the best at reversing... :|

The audios all fitted in, subs friggin mental, I've decided I'ma wait till I tint the rear window to get the 6x9's, you know how easily sh*t gets stolen in the rougher areas of London :|

Heres the pics..

Rear bumper off for respray:

dsc07014resize.jpg

Rims:

dsc07020resize.jpg

dsc07019resize.jpg

dsc07017resize.jpg

Yes I know they're ripspeed, but they're simple 5 spokes and were going cheap as they're discontinued (works out at £13 PER RIM, because it was up for £230, the cost of the brand new tires on it comes to £178ish, 230-178 then /4 gives you the price per rim (£13 per rim) so with 4 brand new 15's it ain't too bad)

EDIT: Amjad, I ended up getting the grille for free! My mates Almera got written off and I realised, the front bumper had an OEM black honeycomb mesh grille, he let me just unclip it and take it, so my grilles gonna be all custom, and free! Haha Love it!

Shafz.

• 2 weeks later...

that loookksss meannn!!!

damn i gotta get some lowering springs now! or maybe some coilys.....hmmm.....

does the back rub on the tyres when you have 3 people in the back?

yh i was gonna say get those bump strips off! and while your at it just take those sportif stickers off aswell :)

Anup

That looks pretty cool man! Never seen a lowered 5dr Starlet before!

What springs are they? 30mm? Have they bedded in yet?

Oh and get some clear/crystal side repeaters and 12x6" import plates :)

@Anup, Yeah, sidestrips are being taken off soon, really not had the time with assignments and stuff coming up :| Yes it does rub with 3 in the back, but I never have 3 in the back so its cool, and the exhaust scrapes on this one REALLY high speedbump in my area :harhar:

@Amjad, Same springs as yours I think mate, PI 40mm lowering springs - haven't bedded in as they've only been on for 2 days. I've got the side repeaters sitting around, was a bday present from my best mate, I'm not gonna get the jap plates just yet as my sisters private plate is being retained on my car til she gets it put on her new one, so I'm not gonna get jap plates made till I get my own/new registration back.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Shafz.

Something about green 5dr N/A's that tells me they are taking over UKSC! ^_^

Looking good bro, ever considered modifying the Glanza skirts and fitting those? They would suit nicely with a Cupra splitter and your TTE Spoiler :harhar:

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that, but I'm gonna get the parts that I currently have waiting (grille, exhaust) put on first, then I'm probably gonna do side skirts, depends how much it costs to buy and custom fit them.

Shafz.

• 2 weeks later...

Am i seeing a optima yellow top battery to power your I.C.E system in the third picture??? :harhar:

Wheels and Lowering springs on..

dsc071251.jpg

dsc071241.jpg

dsc071221.jpg

Jobs for tommorow: Grille done and sidestrips off.

Shafz.