1997 [6P3] Green 1.3 Sportif 5dr

Hey Everyone, Shafz here from London, I'm (very) slowly starting to modify my 1997 Toyota Starlet 1.3 16v Sportif; so far the mods I've done are:

- Apiro Induction kit

- 6500k headlights

- Alpine IDA-X300 Headunit, backlit green

- Edge ED612A 12" Active Subwoofer

- Glanza V Corners/Indicators

- Alpine 10cm front speakers

- TTE SR Rear Spoiler

Parts sitting at home:

- Turborevs 3" backbox

Heres the car currently as it stands:

2im7xnr.jpg

2iuavxc.jpg

k3rdkx.jpg

Shafz.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome mate

Fresh ride you got there

Am sure you can jus get a universal backbox for it or just have a look in the sales sections for any members selling their previous backbox but a full system would make the difference

I'm thinking you should just get a decent setup for now, LED Sidelights and 6500k Headlights, costs about £20-25 in total and changes the look dramatically, and spend money on some other things necessary, or put that money into saving for alloys or something, much wiser option in my opinion.

Shafz.

na im defo savin to buy HID's, but first rims, im gonna get simple 15's :lol:

you gonna get rims soon?

where bouts in london r you?

good 2 hear you got good on your GCSE's....i just failed my AS levels :p , gonna have 2 retake :thumbsup:

South West London Mate, I'm painting the steelies black with a colourmatching green lip, unless I can get a cheap set of 15"'s early next year, cause I want to do springs and wheels at the same time or it'll look stupid.

Shafz.

South West London Mate, I'm painting the steelies black with a colourmatching green lip, unless I can get a cheap set of 15"'s early next year, cause I want to do springs and wheels at the same time or it'll look stupid.

Shafz.

Hey Bro, wats happening? save your monies man! lol At the end of the day it will be a 5 door starlet so dont think of putting too much in cause you'll never get it back. I would reckon to drive and get use to the car by knowing its limits and build up your no claim bonus instead and think of upgrading in the future for a nice GT Turbo once you know how to handle a starlet. If you want to have a pimped starlet for the time being,i would reckon you tint them windows and pop in on 453 barking road to get a nice exhaust box,they start around 35 quid and the place name is TURBOREVS, got quite a lot of kits and at very reasonable prices.

Take it easy

TRD :thumbsup:

mate, really dont bother with the steelies... you still have shite tyres and shite grip/control etc. you can pick up 2nd hand rims cheap enough nowadays, and they transform the look and handling of the car big time. good things come to those who wait!

Do NOT fit just a tip lol,,, ure cars worth more than that, again 2nd hand cat backs are fairly cheap, or you could even just go for a back box. will look a million times better, and sound better. go to a custom exhuast place if you cant find one, they let you choose ure backbox design, and then fit it to any angle etc you want while you wait. a few places off the top of my head, Exhausts uk, and powerflow.

being as ure from london, you will have tonnes of places that do em round ure area!

dont cut shortcuts on ure car, you will only regret it when a real smart one goes past.

Hey Bro, wats happening? save your monies man! lol At the end of the day it will be a 5 door starlet so dont think of putting too much in cause you'll never get it back. I would reckon to drive and get use to the car by knowing its limits and build up your no claim bonus instead and think of upgrading in the future for a nice GT Turbo once you know how to handle a starlet. If you want to have a pimped starlet for the time being,i would reckon you tint them windows and pop in on 453 barking road to get a nice exhaust box,they start around 35 quid and the place name is TURBOREVS, got quite a lot of kits and at very reasonable prices.

Take it easy

TRD :thumbsup:

Thanks man, I've already got my 2nd car in waiting for when I'm 20 so don't worry, Its already outside the house.

I'm having this car for atleast 3 years so I will modify it a little, I'm only spending maximum £700 on mods, and considering I've got the car for free (My mums owned it since 1999) I'm happy just to spend on mods. I'll check TURBOREVS for an exhaust.

Thanks for the comments so far, and yes I've decided I'll get some decent alloys.

Shafz.

tints r only illegal on the front windscreen and the front side windows, you can tint the back windows and rear windscreen no prob :thumbsup:

im 4rm north-west london....good choice on gettin alloys, on this forum you can get a good set with good tyres for around £150

trust me, before you lower your car invest in a rear anti-roll bar ive heard it does wonders with the starlets shitty stock handling.

£700 is enough money!

if you want to increase the performace for cheap then get a panel filter 4 around £30 and an Intake Manifold from a 4EFE TOYOTA CORROLA 1.3....

GET A SUBWOOFER....i cant live without 1 now...trust me it turns head LOL

You can tint the front side windows but to a certain extent....

Yup...ARB,alloys, corolla mani, panel filter few other bits + pieces should keep it sweet for a few years (thats what im doing)

My dads most probably going to buy the ARB for it, we've spoken about it in the past. I'm happy with how it performs acceleration wise though, as my mates have 1.4 golfs and the like, so they actually cannot keep up haha.

Shafz.

STOP WORRYING ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im the 4th person drivin this car cause its my mum my dad my bro, and then me

i drive it da most and nothings happens, i keep my sub loud as hell!!

trust me da cops got more things 2 worry about then seeing its your mums shopping car loool

your damn rite about da accelation, my starlet is stock aswell and my m8s got a mk5 1.4 golf and i can easily beat him lol

Hey man welcome to the club, another green starlet! :lol:

I'd say get yourself some proper wheels, handles and looks 10x better! Ooh and remove your bumpstrips if you haven't already, free mod that makes a big difference to the looks! Corolla manifold is also a must do for N/As!

Can you possibly put up a few pics of your HIDs? I wanna get some but not sure whether to get 6000K or 8000K :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome, and yeah I wish mine was 3 door, so much easier to mod and so much nicer.

My dads surprised me with saying that he's going to get me TE37 replicas (black) and the lowering springs for it (40mm), I'm also going to get the cupholder from a reflet F in it hopefully by march, as my aunt in Mauritius has a 1997 Reflet F with electric windows, A/C and the cupholders, and glanza style seats, I'll try and get those parts off her if she lets me; when she gets her new car (by March)

Shafz.