1997 [6P3] Green 1.3 Sportif 5dr

Yeah I believe so, though to be honest its only powering the subwoofer as thats the only ICE mod I have, and 40% of the time the headunits not even in the car and the subs not being used so its fine.

Shafz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn that looks nice!

im guessin it scrubs quite a bit when theres 3 in the back B)

did you lower on standard shocks?

lol yh only modded one in london :)

ive neva seen a modded n/a where i live anyway 5dr or 3dr

Whens your last exam?

Anup

Those pics were right after it bedded but the shocks are new anyway, it was standard shocks because they'd just been replaced (MOT'd 2 weeks before). It scrubs quite a bit with 3 in the back and theres this KILLER speedbump (as you know in London :|) where I have to take it at an angle and almost diagonal at like crawling speed, pisses people off behind me but I don't care! haha. Yay only modded one in London :).

Although, I'm getting a 2001 BMW 316ti SE Compact, BUT I'm keeping the starlet guys don't worry! Me and the family have agreed to never sell it or get rid, my dad would buy it off me if I tried, but I'm keeping it aswell as the 316ti.

Last exams 8th June.

Thanks for the comments!

Shafz.

Well, the starlet is technically muy mums with me on 2nd driver, and she uses it every saturday, but basically while I'm at college, shes without a car, and she can't drive anything bigger than a starlet, so I'm gonna get the BMW as my OWN car but theres 2 choices.

1. 2001 BMW 316ti Compact SE (£4000 + £1800 insurance)

OR

2. I get my sisters (pictured above) 2004 Fiat Punto 1.4 16v Sporting for free, only done 35k, and has all the equipment of the BMW, and is actually a lot quicker and the same amount to insure.

Right now I'm tempted by the punto, we'll still keep the starlet and it'd probably be a father son project as well as my mums little runaround..

Shafz.

Yeah, I was planning to keep it for 2 years then get a 318ci anyway, my cousins got one he'd be willing to sell me cause hes only planning to keep it for 2 years, win win situation, i'll get pics up of that one if needed haha, and more pics of punto (slightly offtopic here).

Shafz.

After a drive today, I dunno, I'm in love with my starlet, seriously, apart from on 28 degree days like this, I WISH I HAD A/C. The puntos power is amazing, and I can modify it a lot..but theres something about the starlet, I'll think about it.. My mum really needs the car though cause her new job requires her to drive, rather than take the tube (as she normally does) and she can't drive anything much bigger than the starlet..

Anup what do you mean I can't park? :lol:

dsc06872resized.jpg

dsc06871resize2.jpg

ozinteriorresize.jpg

dsc00330noplate.jpg

Shafz.

• 4 weeks later...

D-D-D-Doubleeee post, Small update: I'm keeping the starlet! Yay decided to keep it till atleast March next year, I love it too much to let it go now.. Update with pics soon, gonna get more done to it..

Shafz.

I'm allowed to park there out of school hours ^_^

Sidestrips are off just need to remove the sticky stuff left behind, I love this car more and more each day haha, and to think I used to be embarassed to go in it when I was younger..

Shafz.

• 4 weeks later...

Bad news, I'm almost definitely getting rid of the Starlet in August; well not getting rid, just giving it back to Mum and buying something newer.. Too many things have been annoying me with it this summer, so while it'd stay in the family, it won't be my main car.

New car planned though :)

Shafz.

Yeah I know and thats kind of one of the problems lol.. I've been driving a few cars now '03 to '10 plates, and the starlet quality wise is just shocking, no A/C in this heatwave is unbearable, theres hardly any space in it front or rear, its fastish but not as fast as I hoped, it just doesn't fit my needs for a car anymore.. I want a change.

Shafz.

not all new cars have A/C (some dont even have front leccy windows) space at the front is prefect im 6ft 1 and its more than enough for me....rear passenger space is shocking tho.

tbh seems as if you`ve made you decision, compare the starlet to a car of its age not a newer one