Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks buddy! Project BadgerSport will exact her vengence on Audi in due course, i'll get the b*stards!

I'm sure Jay is open to suggestion dude, they come in silver (mine) and white (Mark's GT), even drop him a PM here or on TGTT, i'm sure he'll get back to ya ASAP man!

Phil.

you said it my old friend. its been a long road to this point.

Jay kinda summed it up very well yesterday, he asked me a simple question that made me smile, he said:

"Do you ever feel that all the work prior to the conversion, all the handling parts etc, were a waste of time??" but he didnt mean it as you may read it for the first time there, what he was meaning was that ALL the work before hand, the braces, the brakes, the harnesses, they were all supporting mods that were leading somewhere, leading to the point of the conversion, so that once the conversion was in, she didnt need supporting mods as they had been in place for years!

and I smiled as I realised that he was 100% correct. my aim was to have her sitting prep'd for an FTE long before the FTE was obtained, so that she'd take the new power with no safety issues or handling issues. and the patience of around 5 years of no boost has paid off. in total, it cost me £18.04 to insure her as a conversion for the rest of this policy, now, you cant say fairer than that!!!! 5years of n/a but all the work, all the waiting and building 6yrs protected NCB paid off perfectly as there was no issue of safety, of the car taking the new engine, or of keeping it all legal at all.

in the words of Mr Hannibal Smith, "I love it when a plan comes together!".

Phil.

Yeh, I can imagine how you feel. Modding the car in small amounts is nice, but now you have the real thing, which is an overhauled car. You will probably never be able to go back to a car, only to mod it slightly. You would instantly want to go the whole way again. But it looks like that would be a long time coming anyhow.

so impressed with this build im speechless phil!!!

project badger sport is an inspiration to everyone wanting to get the best out of their starlets. deffo a win mate and good look with the TT im sure with 0.9 bar you'll sail it mate

hopefully dude yeah!

Was at WeeJohn's on Thursday night there. Blitz SSBC is installed and seems to have turned the boost up to 0.65, although its not holding at that level and is dropping off, but its even more aggressive than it was at 0.5bar so cant complain. however, we can't get the silly thing set up at all. it has buttons for high and low volume with corresponding lighs that should tell you which has been selected, but pressing these buttons appears to do nothing and neither option lights up.

Can ANYONE provide a manual for the Blitz SSBC?? we have got one for the DSBC but thats not even remotely the same thing, so wont be of any use. HELP!

Also - GReddy Turbo Timer may not be used, it appears that turbo timers and alarm/immobilisers do not go well together, and i aint sacrificing a £400 alarm for a £5 TT when i can just sit in the car for 60 seconds to let it cool down.

Phil.

Sorry Keri, the rims belong to Jay, they aint mine. thanks for your kind words tho.

Jay mate, i dont even know HOW to turn it up, i havnt touched it since WeeJohn put it in. On a side note, if i make it up tomorrow, weather permitting, i need you to take a listen to the drivers front end, i think the CV may be away, total bastard, cannot afford a new one right now! and of course u can have the timer, i'll bring it tomorrow if i can get there!

Today i got the boost controller mounted on the trim beside the left drivers left leg, pretty tidy there tbh. i also drilled some holes in the glove box and cable tied the other black box part for the controller in place in there, neat and tidy and not rolling around.

I have also swapped the speedies back onto the front end, just need to clean the BBSs and somehow get them back to Jay. Passeneger side is anthracite with blurple lip, drivers side is all silver lol!!!!!!!!

Phil.

Thanks to Santa and Nath, i have received a whiteline antilift kit and also a Sard magnetic sump plug (Nath = WINNER).

there seems to be an issue with the driveshafts or the CVs tho, gettin loud clunking noises and somethings spinning under power but it aint the wheels...wanker.

Phil.

well i have jacked her up...to find a broken coil, passenger front. fuckin PRICK!

however, i phoned my mechanic, a broken spring wouldnt cause something to spin when u put your foot down....could it be the clutch?? TRD pressure plate and Exedy other bit (excuse my ignorance of technical terms)...the fucker shouldnt be slipping at like 0.5bar.

so this leaves me still with the issue of a clunking sound from the front end and something spinning when under power. clunking could be driveshaft, CV, or tie bar somewhere. and according to my mechanic, something spinning and the car not going anywhere can only be a wheel or the clutch...

WHAT THE F*CK!

so now i need to replace the suspension and i'm going skiin in 3 weeks and have insurance due in february. fuckin prick car is going to be for sale.

Phil.