Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absoluty loving the car mate, shes looking all fresh!!

Agree with Sparky im loving the red Titans, they just work well for some strange reason. Its a shame about the spoiler mate but oh well crap happens :thumbsup:

thanks for all the kind words folks!!!

as always they are greatly appreciated.

next on the 'to do' list is gettin this damn power steering belt squeak fixed. my attention is turning to the small things for a while, then brakes, brakes, and more brakes i think. took her out tonight for the first time in a week and a half and ohh my god!! the brakes are shockingly shite.

Phil.

Looking good bro, dont know what the score is with the duck tail.

All that cleaning was worth it, should leave you mine and see how well it comes up, but then when you polish a turd its still a turd.

Im sure you and Jay will have that belt fixed in no time.

I think its time we changed the brake fluid and checked the pads again, not adding up.

And remind me to look at your boost gauge.

That is all :thumbsup:

mark

cheers broseph.

all that cleaning to go out in the rain tonight! on the plus side, the rain is beading right off her which is uber, and i absolutley SAVAGED an MR2....doesn't make sense, should be quicker than me, fairly sure its a turbo, yet i pulled easily away from him in 2nd, odd, because i'm fairly sure he was goin for it at the rate he appeared behind me and he came past me at about 90mph because i rolled off at around 80mph...ah well, can't complain! obviously Jay and WeeJohn have done something right lol!

i'm sure we can have the GT all shiny man, Tar remover, SRP, Extra Gloss Protection, and Wax, tis the way forward i tell thee! tis not a turd man, she runs perfectly, she boosts perfectly. she just needs a clean, some polishing, and some new brake pads! and hey presto. we'll get her sorted man! you forget u live in the same house as the Nanjewbadger, as Riko calls me. there is no problem we can't solve!

been in talks with Jay about the belt already!

brake fluid could do with a change, but the pads should still be ok, EBC green stuff, should last a while. Perhaps Yellow Stuff will be tried next! i hear good things!

boost gauge....yes, its time it lit up!

also, UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got a phone call this evening, my Volks is repaired and ready for collection!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!! 4 MINT Volks 5/4s ready for the Spring!

Phil.

It did, car looks good man.

Yeah but we know the MR2 driver cant drive ans thats what we hunt for :thumbsup:

Plenty of time to sort GT when off roads.

Will get looking at that boost gauge asap.

Sweet, will be proper low again, and looking at the weather forecast a change is on the horizon.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Oh i do love an update so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after work today i took a run down to Jay's Garage (for the record, I saw NOTHING to do with Joz's project, NOTHING I TELL YOU!!!!!).

The purpose of the visit was to address the power steering belt issue. Jay has now changed the power steering pump and fluid, but we need ANOTHER belt for it, it was squeaking by the time i hit Comber Jay mate lol!!!! damn things!!!!!!!!! so, i shall hopefully be goin back next sunday!

NOW....while he was tinkering he enquired as to the Blitz SSBC boost controller, and i told him about how WeeJohn and I couldn't get it to do anything...Jay pushes a few buttons, turns to me and says "Helps if you turn it on ye know Phil!"......AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so, with jay in the pilot's chair we took it out a spin and Jay fiddled with the settings...i now have 0.75bar of boost!!! i arrived with 0.65, and left with 0.75!!! GET IN!!!! u can feel the difference. Whilst driving Jay also noticed the same odd slipping feeling that i've been noticing, so i am NOT goin insane!!!

so, next sunday i shall return to the Costa when a new PAS belt will be fitted, and Jay is going to investigate this slipping issue (it could be a misfire, or a plug breaking down he suspects) as he feels that the car is defo holding back!!! So, in short, next week is Belt and Boost!!

Belt and Boost!!!

ALSO.........since my spring snapped at the hands of the Northern Ireland Roads Service, Jay has lent me some front Tein coilies with Cusco topmounts.....its not what you know, its who you know lol!!! so i'll get these fitted with Mark on my week off in 2weeks time and see about gettin the alignement all done at the same time!

i do love a good fun update! hehehehehehe.

Phil.

***Plz note, TD04s were not discussed in the making of this update....much...***

Good to hear bro.

Glad the boost is up, cant believe it wasnt turned on, kinda funny though.

Hope the new pump, and belt next week, solves the problem.

We can change the sparks when they get here easy enough.

Looking forward to the front sus.

Not surprised about the TD04 talk.

Mark

Boooooooooooooost ftmfw.

Ahh your so blessed to have Jay there with you. I don't care how much TGTT don't get on with me, I still want to meet THE Starlet legends such as Jay and Ted one day (amongst many others). :p

cheers lads!

i've ordered up some NGK sparks from Tuning Developments because them guys rock my socks off and i aint got time to go out lookin for them myself due to work.

Blessed is 100% spot on Iddy mate, NI is the original home of EPs in Europe, and to have Jay, Trev, Chris, WeeJohn, Alan D, not to mention EVERYONE else over here, it really is the perfect car scene to get into in NI!

Joz man, u need to spend some time in the Costa, u get no mobile phone reception so it truly is serenity and tranquility made physical! its immense!

and yes mate, the colour of your donor car is LUSH!!

Phil.

cheers sparkdog.

its pretty quick yeah, but as i say, Jay isn't happy with it, he thinks she's holding back, and Spuddy reckons she may even be running in a safe mode, hence this odd slipping or misfire thing, and the rather crap fuel consumption.

we'll soon see on sunday man!

Phil.