Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you are too kind sir!

its almost time for the Volks!!! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mount for the gauge ordered, special agents hounding the yahoo auctions for additonal gauges (***cough cough riko cough cough***)....a sexy cable comin from bluebear the hunk of McLovin that he is....and a little something else from Cheshire Glanza that i wasnt expecting, how i love him so!

Phil.

maybe i'm just greedy??

with him squeezin Lewis every week nite that leaves me out in the cold until the weekend when he comes a-callin because Lew has gone out on a whore-tour (pronounce 'ore' as 'our' to get rhyming awesomness), so the week nites are all urs dood-luve!!

Phil.

A very kind little Japanese man has successfully won an auction on an Apexi EL1 EGT gauge! cost a bit more than my bargin hunting desires, but ye cant have it all your own way!

we have also spotted a matching set of 3 - includes Boost, Oil Press and a temp gauge (lets assign it to oil temp for now). Auction ends friday, if we are successful the boost gauge i got from iamlegend will be up for sale as the one on the auctions has the setting buttons on it same as the rest.

so, tat would just leave another temp gauge (for water) to source, and the controller, and that would be the entire set!

result! when in need, call Riko! he gets shit DONE!

Phil.

thanks dude.

today was like a south of france summers day here, so i figured time to get the Volks back on.

All four are back on, and the front calipers got some fresh red and black paint.

also, mark and i fitted the Tein front coilies that Jay lent me, what a prick to fit. something must have smacked the passenger one as the section where it bolts to the lower assembly was too narrow, drivers side was fine, took AGES to sort. and then when we dropped her down expectin her to be on zee floor...she was higher than stock. now, i know the 14s lend themselves to arch space, but this was shocking. few phone calls later, a trip to meet a VERY kind Joel to lend us some C-Spanners, and I think we know what we need to do now to get her lowered.

but for the next day or two i'll be drivin to work with the nose higher than the rear, thats my aesthetics ALL fucked up lol! but maybe wednesday we'll get a chance to have a look at her and see about gettin her lowered at the front.

Phil.

gonna be a looooooong week waitin to see if we win this auction man!!! lol

also, having spoken with Paul GlzV on the phone last nite, it now appears that we cant lower these things any more!!! its actually comical lookin at her in the car park, so emabarrasing lol!!!

there just doesnt seem to be a way to lower them any further without the spring sitting totally loose! didnt feel much grip at the front this morning lol. there's a huge 22mm nut at the top of them that protrudes into the engine bay - does anyone know what thats for exactly?? I've turned it both ways but it didnt seem to make any difference.

Phil.