Nanglebadgers work in progress

gutted for you mate, glad its in the best hands now though.

I was gutted when mine went after 1 day of driving it, i thought it was piston rings, but it was the actual piston that broke.

hope it all goes well for you mate

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

them organic ones are pants ye. got one from dave when i had mine and it was slipping within months, only on stock boost. was a genuine exedy, they're just oem replacement, and shit. if you want uprated, buy uprated, simple as.

also, when i got my ek9 the stock clutch went within a week. it was the original clutch, but still, it had problems going in third when i bought it, was very tough until revs dropped, then it snicked in. turned out the clutch died shortly after and it didnt move at all, sounds like the similar problem you've had. the spring retaining plate had snapped and one of the springs was rattling about, and shredded half of the plate. which was nice.

put in a new oem integra dc2 clutch it and it was spot on. worth doing the flywheel when you're there, as it's a very cheap and worthwhile performance upgrade. lightweight flywheels ftw.

COLLECTED and home!

what i saw in the yard of secret steve will stay with me to the grave! I DIVULGE NOTHING!!

the exedy had spat a spring and was crackin etc, in general it was just a bag of shit.

the TRD pressure plate wasn't put back in as its not certain if the loose spring has done any damage rattling around in there, so that will go back to Jay for investigations.

CVs were also repaired and repacked as the passenger driveshaft one had split and was empty of grease, and the mysterious one has also improved my MPG as he plugged in a sensor that was previously unplugged! RESULT! especially now that Super has hit 122.9p at my local garage!

it may infact be the lightest clutch pedal of all the timez in de worldz, but i'll get used to that brave and quick.

also - he found a small oil weep from around the flywheel area, so Jay has been informed of that and we'll have that remedied in no time.

she went up for a clutch and came away ALOT healtheir than i anticipated!

i can NOT thank Secret Steve enough!!! dug me out of a massive hole!

and my thanks to Jay for bringing Steve into the picture!

Phil.

Now with fresh oil and filter and Sard mag sump plug - we hope the washer that came with the plug aint needed...because it disintegrated upon fitment lol!!! the stock one doesnt have a washer, so i'm guessing it'll be grand.........i hopes!

also - ran a mileage experiment - i got 250miles to a full tank of superunleaded, 90% motorway driving in and out to work and into town a few times at 70-80mph.....not really sure wot to make of that mileage tbh.....its not wonderful but i suppose it aint THAT bad either, stock-ish power and about 0.65bar of boost....guess it could be worse, like a TD04 lol!!!

jay - whats your thoughts on this mpg figure?? is it about right?? secret steve reckoned i should be seeing an improved mpg since he plugged in that sensor, i guess it is a touch better than it was, but that could be my imagination.

secret steve - if u see this - drop me a text with your thoughts sir!

still got these dials to illuminate, and an HKS actuator sittin here, so plenty to keep me occupied!

Phil.

250 is about aveage philous,

if all your ignition system is in tip top shape,(leads, plugs etc) then you should get closer to 300

who is secret steve lol?

some say he had a feak sexual accident with a baby ep95 forcing him to eat sleep and breath starlets . . . .

. . . all i know is, hes called Secret Steve :)

250 is about aveage philous,

if all your ignition system is in tip top shape,(leads, plugs etc) then you should get closer to 300

some say he had a feak sexual accident with a baby ep95 forcing him to eat sleep and breath starlets . . . .

. . . all i know is, hes called Secret Steve :lol:

hahahaha that made me lol

• 2 weeks later...

received an Apexi boost gauge off iamlegend today.

in my ignorance i didnt ask him what size it was, assuming it was 52mm, its a 60mm, so now i need to adjust my search for matching gauges slightly lol!

just need a wee mount for her off the egay and then off to weejohn to get it lighting up!

Phil.