Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well if it provided even a little inspiration then i'm happy man!!! she has taken blood sweat and tears outta me, and the sad thing is, there will always be bits that i want for her, i'll never be satisfied lol.

but i couldnt have done it without:

1. My brother

2. Jay, for keepin me right at all times

3. every member of UKSC and TGTT who has helped me along, especially when she got paint strippered, with parts, advice, short notice help, and patience and understanding!

and what drives me to keep working is the response i get when i update the thread. right now, i have the old skool (dealer option?? not sure, need to research that) CD changer to wire and fit, Whiteline ALK to fit, and EGT gauge to land from Japland, an HKS actuator to get fitted, and a Pivot Speed reader to have wired in....and that, for me, is the beauty, of a car of this age, u can PHYSICALLY tinker at it, add bits, remove bits, change bits without opening the bay and seeing one giant smoooooooth plastic cover hidin everything! these cars are manipulate-able (is that a word??).

Phil.

Your car is hideously dirty, it makes mine look in Concours condition, and ask Bill, that's reheheheeeeally saying something!

Also, looove the "industrial" installation, you're getting in dangerous territory though, almost looks like my installation! Though I used a soldering iron to burn the holes in the dash for the hoses/wires :lol:. What did you end up wiring the light into?

sounded like you was accepting an award there lmfao, and i know ive seen some of jays stuff and that guys i s a god dam wizard, wish i knew someone like that lmao, and if i was to ask my brother for help he'd stand and watch me do it lmao, the lazy civic drivin git as he is, he put sum coilys on last week and put the front springs on the back and back springs on the front, obvioulsy the front 1s are stiffer to take the extra weight of the engine so i had to swap them back for his dull ass

....and that, for me, is the beauty, of a car of this age, u can PHYSICALLY tinker at it, add bits, remove bits, change bits without opening the bay and seeing one giant smoooooooth plastic cover hidin everything! these cars are manipulate-able (is that a word??).

Phil.

So SO true! :lol:

P.s. You're gonna like the ALK B)

lol thats my future Grammy Award Winning Speech right there baby!!!!

@Riko - i believe mark wired it to a suitable wire going into the back of the speedo cluster somewhere, who really knows, we fail at wiring that isnt ICE wiring lol! it lights up, thats all i give a shit about, i dont even care if it doesnt read boost! it looks pretty!

ALK - yeah, thats a job for my mechanic, which is a pain, because i dont live near him no more lol!!!

might have a look at the CD changer this weekend.

Phil.

sounded like you was accepting an award there

he should get an award for it B)

and hey phil saying he's your best friend for reading it through, i have also read this thread comment by comment all the way through, i read it all last year and joined it at like page 43 or something and have looked every day since :lol:

dude, anyone who reads this is my best friend! for u see, i r the Nanjewbadger, and in the multiverse that is, i can have all the bestest-bestest buddies that i so choose for til have!

so u see, he is my best friend, u are my best friend, Si is my best friend, Bower is my best friend, i am my best friend, even Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, is my best friend, for it is my multiverse, and i choose the rules!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 0.8bar of boost mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

as u can probably tell, a successful day's tuning with Jay was had today! HKS actuator installed and after some adjustments and some delicious fuel cut, Jay found the sweet spot for increased boost without smacking the wall that is fuel cut. Seemed to be not holding very well but after i left Jay to head home it seemed to hold it better and was boosting consistently and only dropping very very slightly from 0.8bar! certainly very noticeable compared to the 0.6 i was gettin.

so, 0.8bar is the limit sans FCD, but Jay reckons he has a JAM one with my name on it, so thats the next stage in a few weeks time, see then if the man himself cant push that magic bar figure just a slight touch higher for added grins!

also, got an undertray fitted again, so hopefully that'll see the bay a bit cleaner.

and also, as my suspension calved at the hands of the DOE and i had stolen some of Marks, I have now obtained a set of TRD front shock/springs and KYB rears from Jay, so hopefully should get those fitted ASAP and then its off to see Paul_GlnzV for a full alignment number. Jay also sent me packing with a stock exhaust mani to try porting, so dremel time awaits!

Phil.

What I want to know is:

Did my gift work?!!?!??!?! This is a matter of great importance Phil! For me to provide such an instrumental item in the way of providing you with a means to rock out, why, I have it in my highest interests!

Also, where are the pics you promised with the 5/4s on!?

lol sorry Nick i know i promised, i fail, i'll get on it, i suck.

the lead u provided fits yes, i jus havnt had the headunit out yet to see if there is somewhere on the back of it to connect to. it may be like 15yrs old, but its kind funky. what i have realised of course is, with its age, it obviously wont read MP3 cds, which blows, so i'm gonna have to make up 10 audio cds with a whole 15 tracks or whatever on them each just to make it do anything worth while lol. but it should look retro cool!

also....robert...stew??? lul!

Phil.

thanks dude, i'll get this suspension thrown on and see about some fresh clean pics of the motor with all the wheels and wheel nuts on together. think its time i looked into a machine polisher too, dont think i'm gettin the best results by hand tbh.

she was very enjoyable on the way home man, that 0.8bar is very lively compared to how she was, i have more confidence in her when comin up against some knob-feature in a bigger car lol. as u say, starting to show some promise indeed, been mulling it over, FCD & ported exhaust mani should see her happier still!

Phil.

should handle a bit better now phil , they will keep you rolling till you get a diffrent setup sorted should go for coilovers best move i ever made handling wise.

might have to take a run up to you sometime and get those c spanners tho think i wana put the car lower but if i will look for my bros c spanners first.

enjoy metallica dude wish i was going lol

joel

i can meet u at the same place this evening if u want dude to get them back to u?? i have an appointment at 7, so it would be maybe 9.30 or so before i'd be able to get down there, but do-able man. drop me a text sure if u want them tonight.

tbh, when we get the kybs on and the whole alignment jigged up, i will most likely run with this set up until it calves. Jay has discovered that the breaks need some relatively urgent attention, but aside from that, i'm on the lookout for a house, and coilover money is something i wont have, so i will make do with the TRDs and KYBs.

as for Metallica...its gonna be schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, both nites standing tickets, didnt win a meet 'n greet pass for either nite tho after 6yrs membership, twerps!

Phil.